Author Topic: White spring with malossi variator.  (Read 14313 times)

franx93

• View Profile
Re: White spring with malossi variator.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »
so, i put malossi variator with white spring and now i get 70km/h (with 6g rollers) have i to put heavier rollers to go over 70km/h? :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:34:34 PM by franx93 »

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 11:53:53 PM »
Heavier rollers may get you an extra couple miles per hour top speed, but you will sacrifice your acceleration.  There comes a point where heavier rollers aren't going to close your variator any further.  You probably need to look for a little extra power somewhere else, i.e. intake & exhaust.  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 03:26:46 AM »
Hey franx, Glad to see it working out for you! You are now entering the FINE TUNING ZONE!!! Keep looking around the site, and the web in general. There are PLENTY of things to get an idea from. (some work-some don't)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

franx93

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 09:22:59 AM »
my agility is very strange...others go over 70km/h with malossi variator...what's my problem? carburator? (i have #86 main jet) or can be my trasmission belt that have 13500 km?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »
my agility is very strange...others go over 70km/h with malossi variator...what's my problem? carburator? (i have #86 main jet) or can be my trasmission belt that have 13500 km?

..I've found that 6 gram rollers are too heavy for my A50-r12..

..@ 5-5.5 grams work way better..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

franx93

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »
also downhill it goes a bit over 70 (71/72)....it's very strange...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »
..Franx, it is strange...Your r16 has a different gearbox than my r12..I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it..

..my belt broke at 30,000km...I'm sure that it needed changing way before that..The Malossi Kevlar belt will help you some..

..also, depending on mileage, you may need to adjust your intake and exhaust valves...

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:02:18 PM by wordslinger »

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »
Franx- my guess is that your belt is worn out.  Mine only lasted about 9,000kms before I noticed a decrease in top speed!  You can measure the width and compare it with what a new one is.  I bet you'll find some extra speed in a new belt!

franx93

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »
ok, i'll replace it. but at looking it isn't very worn.....strange strange...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »
..just found out that the "White" malossi main clutch/ torque drive spring is rated at 1000..

..Best I can get for my A50 is a 1500, which is on the way...

..I think that's all I will need anyway...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 12:32:19 AM »
Franx-  The belt may not look worn, you have to measure the width.  On the Agility the service limit is 16.5mm, a new belt should be 17.5mm.  We're talking about a real small difference, only 1mm.

franx93

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »
ok, but, can the belt brake me downhill xD?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »
The belt won't "brake" you downhill, but the motor will.  You can only go as fast as your motor will spin!  The drive system doesn't have a "freewheel" mechanism like what you would have on a bicycle.  Once the clutch is spinning fast enough to engage, the rear wheel is in direct drive with the motor.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
Well yes, and no. The belt will only respond to what the engine, and cvt are doing. If the belt is worn too far it will not allow the cvt to work to its limits, there by reducing available output. It is important to measure it as shaka suggested. If there is a restriction in your set-up (intake/ exhaust) then even a good belt will only follow the "command" it is recieving. Same applies to an improper set-up in the cvt. (rollers/ springs/ worn parts). I would start w/ a through inspection of all the parts you want to run. This would include checking for wear limits on the clutch, belt, and drive surfaces. Once you are sure all is good you will have an easier time tunning. You may have a low compression situation, or perhaps a clogged muffler. Valve adjustment, worn rings, bad fuel filter, dirty air box, leaking vacuum line to the fuel supply petcock, or any one of a dozen more things. Try to systematically look the scoot over, and you will find the cause. Even low tire pressure will have a large effect.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
..franx, how many kilometers does your scoot have on it?

..I ask because your valves should have been adjusted around the first 2000 km, and then again around 4000...

..from my experience, correct valve adjstment is a highly contributing factor to good performance...

peace

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:34:35 PM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()