Author Topic: front wheel wobbles slightly  (Read 1104 times)

1g0g

• View Profile
    • Noises Of Russia
front wheel wobbles slightly
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »
beginning the front desk wobble a bit. left and right, but felt a little bit, especially felt at 40 = 60 km.h
Here I do not understand it is necessary to balance the wheel or fork twist ..
by the way, whether it is necessary to balance our 16e wheel? As you think?
Kymco Agility City 125

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: front wheel wobbles slightly
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
beginning the front desk wobble a bit. left and right, but felt a little bit, especially felt at 40 = 60 km.h
Here I do not understand it is necessary to balance the wheel or fork twist ..
by the way, whether it is necessary to balance our 16e wheel? As you think?

Grasp the wheel with the bike in the center stand, and have a friend hold the bars. Does the wheel have play side to side? This would indicate you need to replace your wheel bearings. Easy enough job. If its the actual sidewall of the tire moving you need a new tire.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

1g0g

• View Profile
    • Noises Of Russia
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:11:04 PM »
Grasp the wheel with the bike in the center stand, and have a friend hold the bars. Does the wheel have play side to side? This would indicate you need to replace your wheel bearings. Easy enough job. If its the actual sidewall of the tire moving you need a new tire.

Thanks, I'll try. yes, bearing forgive me, I know
Kymco Agility City 125

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 04:28:30 PM »
Thanks, I'll try. yes, bearing forgive me, I know

If you have to replace them it's pretty easy, and the bearings shouldn't be too expensive.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:40:35 PM »
While you have it on the center stand and someone putting weight on the rear to raise the front wheel, spin the wheel and eyeball it spinning from the front, see it you can see any bubbles in the tire on the tread side. If it has one you need a new tire. The factory doesn't buy the best tires to save coin.

1g0g

• View Profile
    • Noises Of Russia
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »
ок, spasibo!
Kymco Agility City 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()