Author Topic: Weird Stalling inssue....part 2  (Read 2659 times)

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
Weird Stalling inssue....part 2
« on: December 19, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
For the past two weeks I've not been on my bike.  I had that weird stalling issue brought up here:  http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=13141.0

I had the flu for a week and training at another site so the bike has sat, covered, at home.  I have to move the bike to get some boxes into the storage space attached to my house.  I get on the bike to move it...think what the hell....and it turns over.  No issues.  Now it was warmer than it has been (about 20C).  It's started every attempt since.

Given that the bike was having issues in stop and go traffic I'm thinking that I may have had a issue with the fuel line?  Or fuel pump?  I plan on riding today to see if the bike gives me any issues (At least 120 KM). 

My question is this....any other ideas on what the problem may be?  I don't want to go pulling apart the bike unless I answer all the possible issues.
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Stalling inssue....part 2
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:12:18 PM »
One of the easiest things to do on any Kymco EFI that requires NO tools is INITIALIZE! I really DO NOT KNOW the procedure for anything other than Yager, Like, DT300i and GTi300 but suspect it will be similar to the Xciting 500i. Do it anytime the bike acts up to see if it makes any difference. Do it several times because I suspect Bill Gates may have had something to do with with our bike computers! It will get the TPS and ISC off the hook if it has no effect on how your bike runs. It is SUPPOSED to sync the TPS and ISC for the idle but may have other effects at other engine speeds/loads. It couldn't hoit!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

500_Monkeys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:54:10 AM »
[DISCLAIMER:  I'm just an untrained monkey. What do I know?]

This is meant to be done in conjunction with the KYMCO Diagnostic PDA.  However, who as that?  No one.  As long as you haven't messed with the sensors and throttle, I would perform steps in the Service Manual ( Note: Obviously for AFI )

TPS/ISC RESET PROCEDURE
1. Put the side stand up and engine stop switch is at “RUN”. 2. Turn the ignition switch to “OFF”. 3. Open and hold the throttle fully. 4. Turn the ignition switch to “ON”, after 8 seconds close the throttle fully. 5. Turn the ignition switch to “OFF”. 6. When turn the ignition switch to “ON” again, the TPS and ISC have been reset.
MYD 2009 Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS - Assembled October 2011

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
HG. Is it fixed? Did any of these suggestions work? :-*

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
HG. Is it fixed? Did any of these suggestions work? :-*

It's not stalled since, but then again I've not really run it as much as I would have liked either.  I do have a new battery and will be replacing that after the Christmas Holidays (when I actually have time to do it). 

I have not reset or attempted to reset anything. 

Rob

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
I'm glad it's running well but you really made me laugh.

Just in case my fridge craps out... what should I look at first? ;D

Happy Holidays Hound! :-*
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
Could it have been a case of bad gas? :-*

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 01:11:11 PM »
Could it have been a case of bad gas? :-*

I thought about that as well, and refilled the tank with 90+ octane after that.  The bike did run fine for a few days after that and then back to the same problem.

Vapor Lock was the most logical answer.  Read the blog post and find out why:  http://2smallerwheels.blogspot.com/2015/01/in-search-of-missing-spark-plug.html

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()