Author Topic: that time of year again!  (Read 3795 times)

donjack

• View Profile
that time of year again!
« on: December 23, 2014, 06:02:06 AM »
Well, its that time of year again!
Over the past 8 months or you guys have helped me expand my knowledge of my downtown no end, thank you!
All the best to you and yours. Have a great Christmas and new year And ride safe!
Cheers,
Don.
Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: that time of year again!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 07:43:56 AM »
Happy Holidays Don.

:-*
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »
Cheers zombie, I don't remember "who loves ya baby" but I do remember "if", back in '75' I was 11 and loved that song!! Telly savalas = kojak = one cool  8) dude!! Pass me the lollipops please  ;D  ;D  ;D
Cheers,
Don.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »
LOL.....
Here ya go!

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 07:02:06 AM »
Cheers zombie, I don't remember "who loves ya baby" but I do remember "if", back in '75' I was 11 and loved that song!! Telly savalas = kojak = one cool  8) dude!! Pass me the lollipops please  ;D  ;D

I remember back in 36 we got a piece of 2x4 cut into a truck,. that was a Merry Xmas,  .remember that like it was yesterday,  some times I forget today,.

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 09:08:17 AM »
Ah the good ol' days when ANY present was appreciated!! The (my!) kids today are not happy unless you've (I've) spent your last cent (penny) or is that just mine!! Haha
Back in '36 my dad was 3!! I wasn't even a twinkle in his eye!!  ;D  ;D  ;D . De dee, you must be a couple of years older than me then!! Haha.
Thanks zombie, I'm now searching youtube for musical memories!!
Cheers,
Don.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »
I'm 56, and I used to make those 2x4 toys myself.
I specialized in rubber band guns that launched 1x1 cardboard squares, and 2x4x14" battle ships. We used to float them down the Bronx River, and shoot them w/ the cardboard squares.

That's when life was good. 

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 10:51:51 PM »
yeah, life was good back then, the innocence of youth, no worries, no kids etc!! now that I'm (supposedly) grown up I still revert back now and again, just to keep my hand in you understand, much to the dismay of my dearly beloved who's favourite words are....................when are you going to GROW UP  ;D ;D ;D
the good ol' days.
nice piece of music zombie, here's one for you!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 11:18:23 PM »
I have to laugh. People were just so f'n gay back then.

When I look back to the 70's, and 80's, I'm embarrassed to admit who I was...

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 12:21:51 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Go on then, which one in the pic are you???  ;D ;D ;D
The 80's were my era, I left school in 80, when i was 16, from then on it was one big learning curve, and did I learn a lot!!  ;D ;D ;D . No regrets tho'!!
Don.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 03:08:19 AM »
LOL. It's just a random pict off the web but I could have been any of the three.

I shopped mostly at the army/navy surplus, and wore my leather every day for about 10 years.

You know how to keep a 12" Mohawk straight... Elmer's glue, and food color.
 I'm still surprised I lived thru all the stuff I did. Actually I believe it all preserved me in some random twist of chemical engineering. I wore a Tshirt that said "Say no to Nancy"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:12:18 AM by zombie »

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »
ah, the late 70's (76-79) was my 'punk' era, sex pistols, the damned etc, I wasn't allowed a Mohawk or colour, (so much for anarchy in the uk!!) so I just spiked my hair with egg white and a blow drier for the weekend! then it was onto the 80's and the 'new romantics', there was some decent music but I just could not afford the make up  ;D ;D ;D
I too have been preserved, possibly due to the chemicals that passed through my body!! some great times!!
would that possibly have been 'mrs regan and her stance against anyone enjoying themselves  ;D ;D ;D
life goes on!!

80's related video alert!!

cheers,
Don.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »
You two sound exactly like all the guys i knew back then  ;) .  Spent more time with the 'guys' than with the 'gals' . Mostly due to the fact that most of them were shallow Farrah wannabe's . Learned a lot about musclecars , too !  ;D
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »
I grew out of it. Now I have my dogs. (and Twinkles)

How do you know when spring has finally arrived in the city...  YO! Gina! Get in the f'n car...  (don't forget to tip your waitress)

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »
I think your right bluesin, that was the way it was back then  ;D ;D ;D
I also "knew" a couple of farrah wannabes' and very nice they were too hahaha.
It's nice to reminisce...............
We never had muscle cars as such here but we used to borrow (ahem) quite a lot of fords!!
As you can probably tell I had a couple of years "off the rails" but, as I said earlier, it was all a big learning curve and I am still here to tell the tale haha 😆. thankfully in 83 I met my future wife and in 85 we married!! Bloody hell, almost 32 years ago!! Where have all the years gone??
I think I'm in shock.........I'll have to go and have a lie down!!!  ;D ;D ;D
All the best for the new year!!
Cheers,
Don.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()