Author Topic: that time of year again!  (Read 3796 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: that time of year again!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 02:04:26 PM »
I think your right bluesin, that was the way it was back then  ;D ;D ;D
I also "knew" a couple of farrah wannabes' and very nice they were too hahaha.
It's nice to reminisce...............
We never had muscle cars as such here but we used to borrow (ahem) quite a lot of fords!!
As you can probably tell I had a couple of years "off the rails" but, as I said earlier, it was all a big learning curve and I am still here to tell the tale haha 😆. thankfully in 83 I met my future wife and in 85 we married!! Bloody hell, almost 32 years ago!! Where have all the years gone??
I think I'm in shock.........I'll have to go and have a lie down!!!  ;D ;D ;D
All the best for the new year!!
Cheers,
Don.

All too familiar. ExceptI waited until 1996 to get married.Engaged at 17 and dropped that bomb . Turned down a few others...not real big on a piece of paper , then ,my cat chose my husband. Mid-30s by then .

Had friends with many muscle cars...lost 6 in a 1970 Chevelee SS in an accident in 1978 . Big wake-up at age 20 .

Survived many adventures from there (never thought I'd make it to 20 ,even ) and still kickin' now.

One dog, two cats, several fox ( I keep them down by the stream in back ) ,several Deer,weasels, etc.

I di miss seeing Twinkles pass by , though . Heard someone had turned him into a Paraplegic   :'( ...but- that he has a good home, now .

Spring is official when you hear " here, boy, fetch me that apple" .    Nudge,Nudge,Wink,Wink  ;) ;)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: that time of year again!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 02:24:03 PM »
Twinkles runs the still. (paraplegic/still).

He seems quite happy. (thank goodness for Valium)

20 was a milestone. I remember saying I would never make it to 18. We were drinking Kamikazes, and eating ludes at 10:30 am in Ed's Bay Pub.
From there we went out in the boat to dive for lobsters in the Shinnecock inlet. 

I also lost a bunch of friends back then. 3 in a car wreck, 2 to the water, 2-3 more to drugs, and 1-2 to just plain done.
I was either luckier/tougher/smarter or faster than whatever was chasing us... Maybe living is the real price to be paid, and surviving is just the pre-amble.
Who knows!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()