Author Topic: Where do I find a carb rebuild kit for a 2006 mxu 300?  (Read 2766 times)

onecraftydude

• View Profile
Where do I find a carb rebuild kit for a 2006 mxu 300?
« on: December 24, 2014, 02:20:31 AM »
I have been searching for a carb rebuild kit and can't find one.

I have a 2006 mxu 300. I pulled the carb off to fix a starting issue and when I put it back together the carb will stay wet and leak fuel out. I pulled it off again and looked at the bowl gasket and it was trying to jump out of the groove so I figure the ethanol got to it and ruined it.

I switched to non-ethanol, but the damage is done. It could be leaking from the side plate on the carb too. I found a new carb that says it will work on a 300, but it don't have the plate on the side so I am not sure if I want to try it.

Does anyone know where to get the carb kit?

I also have an issue with lurching in higher speeds. I figure it is belt slippage, but I don't have any real experience with these drive systems. Any info would be apreciated.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Where do I find a carb rebuild kit for a 2006 mxu 300?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:45:50 AM »
I have been searching for a carb rebuild kit and can't find one.

I have a 2006 mxu 300. I pulled the carb off to fix a starting issue and when I put it back together the carb will stay wet and leak fuel out. I pulled it off again and looked at the bowl gasket and it was trying to jump out of the groove so I figure the ethanol got to it and ruined it.

I switched to non-ethanol, but the damage is done. It could be leaking from the side plate on the carb too. I found a new carb that says it will work on a 300, but it don't have the plate on the side so I am not sure if I want to try it.

Does anyone know where to get the carb kit?

I also have an issue with lurching in higher speeds. I figure it is belt slippage, but I don't have any real experience with these drive systems. Any info would be apreciated.

They don't sell "rebuild" kits, just individual parts. Sounds like you just need a float bowl gasket.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:30:56 AM »
Sounds like either your belt or your clutch bell is slipping.

Go to http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/

They have all the bits that you need.

I would order a new belt (make sure it IS the OEM Kymco part), a set of rollers for the variator (you always can use them later if yours are still round), the carb bits you need, and a new set of clutch springs.

While you have the bell off, you can de glaze the inner surface w/ some 120 grit paper. Same for the clutch pads. That should square you up.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
My experience is that old, lumpy, rollers will cause a mild "lurching" feeling.  They don't really "roll" - they slide, but they get lumpy from being wedged into the groove on the outside, and then they don't have a nice feel anymore.  A fresh set of rollers won't hurt anytime your scoot feels out of sorts like this.

onecraftydude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 10:57:35 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

I will try the rollers and sanding the bell halves.

The carb seems to be wet on the side also, not sure where that fuel could be coming from tho.

I will look into how much all the parts i need will cost and see what i can afford to do.

The rear diff. was full of water when i got it so the gears are shot. I have not taken the input gear apart yet to see how bad it is, but i can hear it whining so i'm pretty sure its shot too.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 06:23:49 AM »
The gears are most likely good. There are three bearings, and one "thrust" washer in the case.
You can match up the MM numbers or the part number of the bearings, and get them at any good auto parts.
Get the thrust washer from Kymco.

Everything together should cost around 60 bucks (or less). The belt is the most expensive part. (30-40) maybe.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 07:43:56 PM »
What's the general recommendation as far as mileage for roller replacement?
Wayne

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »
  the rollers are good till you get flat spots,  thats why sliders last for ever,  Dr. pulley that is!they are designed to slide ,.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 08:54:04 PM »
It all depends on riding style, and mileage.
Roller material, and terrain also factor in. There is no real way to answer that except to say... Inspect every 6 months or so.
Also... Trust DeeDee 100% on the sliders. I have 4 years of daily wot on mine. (Dr. Pulley)

If you insist on keeping rollers use ONLY Kymco OEM or a top brand after market like Dr. Pulley, Polini or Malossi.
Don't waste time or money on anything else

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()