Author Topic: GERBING heated glove neg. review  (Read 2738 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
GERBING heated glove neg. review
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:37:18 PM »
Well, sent these GERBING heated glove liners back to Revzilla. 75% of my family could not be sure they felt ANY heat from these liners when they put them on for 15 mins. at the kitchen table on the high heat setting! The gloves might have been faulty - as they arrived looking as though they were possibly 'used, returned' items.
Trying a different supplier.
 http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbing-heated-glove-liner.html?gdftrk=gdfV26952_a_7c543_a_7c1402_a_7cGLCHLN&
If these don't work might try the 12V gloves which connect to the battery - but pricey & not possible to switch 'em easily between scooters.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: GERBING heated glove neg. review
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 01:19:18 AM »
Whoa.  Those aren't cheap.  I'd expect them to preheat my engine for me...
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 06:54:32 AM »
You will not know till you try but I don't think you will find any that will work as well as the 12V ones that connect to the bike power supply.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 02:40:01 AM »
If I need heated gloves and plutonium laced underwear in order to ride comfortably it's too damn cold to ride.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 03:06:34 AM »
Hmmm. the underwear... it could not only keep me warm, but also save me the need to get a vasectomy, maybe?

Seriously, if you find something decent, keep us updated. i wear wind/waterproof (lies) gloves under thermo insulate (or something nice and usually warm, thinsulate maybe, i cant recall), and my hands still get to the point of achy....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:09:03 AM by Triesandluth »
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:47:52 PM »
Hmmm. the underwear... it could not only keep me warm, but also save me the need to get a vasectomy, maybe?

Seriously, if you find something decent, keep us updated. i wear wind/waterproof (lies) gloves under thermo insulate (or something nice and usually warm, thinsulate maybe, i cant recall), and my hands still get to the point of achy....

New ones came in the post today. Charge the batteries ovenight and see what happens. This time I have a phone # of a veteran seller of these things - if an issue will give them a call.
My silk liners and leather motorcycle gauntlets are OK for about 40 mins in the mid 20's, after that I gotta get off and start hugging the exhaust.. It depends on how much you like to ride.
The hands - always the hands - the rest I can deal with. One more reason to never start smoking - you lose circulation in the extremities. And 32 yr old heavy smoking females look 45 - why don't they know that? Combine that with sun beds and you got - s p o o k y!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 11:39:17 PM »
Stig I just noticed the MSRP on a Forza, No wonder it's a nice scoot. Does it come with a/c and heat?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 02:36:22 AM »
Stig I just noticed the MSRP on a Forza, No wonder it's a nice scoot. Does it come with a/c and heat?
The Forza sat very close to an orange Kymco 300 (the DownTown 300?) on the dealer's floor.
The msrp was nearly identical for each scooter.
I reckon there are some here who would gladly choose the Kymco ....
Don't know what you ride - but if there had been a same size new Honda for the same  price as the Kymco sitting nearby , which would you have purchased?
A fellow came in with an old grandvista to trade. I spent some time on the floor with him while they worked up a price on his trade in..... I pointed out that the HONDA was the same price as the Kymco he was sitting on.....but he would not even look at it. He had good feelings about his GVista and wanted to buy another Kymco.
Me ? I've had very good experiences with 4 previous Hondas (albeit decades ago)
See why I bought a Honda Forza while in the midst of a months long adventure  trying to get the warranty fix for my Kymco?
I wanted a bigger scooter...but it was not ever going to be another Kymco which is priced the same as a Honda.
Scooters have spotty resale value in general - Kymcos do not have a good return on $ spent. That is just one benchmark of a vehicles value. But it is an indication of something......
Stig
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:04:30 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 05:14:33 AM »
My 2005 ZX was 1350.00 new. Here's the KBB retail now...

Your Scooter Value
2005 Kymco K2ZX ZX-50

Trade-In Value Suggested Retail Value
Excellent Condition  $830

Metropolitan 50cc Honda... 2005   manufacturer's suggested retail price of $1,849.

2005 Honda CHF50 Metropolitan

Trade-In Value Suggested Retail Value
Excellent Condition  $905

I'd say the Ktmco did better percentage wise. I'm not a Honda Hater but I never liked them. I always steered toward Yamaha back in the day
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 06:31:45 AM »
You can't knock jap quality in my book. Seems the only way to get your money back on your Kymco investment is to get it in mileage and smiles. Seems most scooters are a hard sell used trying to get your money back. Too many deals on used scoots and 2/3 year old new stock.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 08:45:21 AM »
You're exactly right there 2Wheelin. I bought mine 6 tears ago for 350.00 (in real rough shape). I've since bought near a dozen better scooters, in better shape for less.

I think it's mainly the cheap plastic bodies that throw most people off. I didn't like when MX'ers went to plastic tanks. (aka Honda)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()