Author Topic: helmet dropping  (Read 7820 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: helmet dropping
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 10:27:34 PM »
Paper clip!

You can poke yourself w/ it every time you drop your lid. Easy fix, and it will save you 14.98
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 08:19:53 AM »
Great idea,  but I'd probably drop the paper clip too. 
Hell,  bungee it to my neck maybe.  My keys too.  I leave those in the scoot more than I like to admit.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheHelmetHook.com

• Inventor of The Helmet Hook
    • View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 03:47:06 AM »
Guys, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm the inventor and manufacturer of the Helmet Hook. Every so often, I check out the stats on my site and see where visitors come from and that's how
I found out about this thread. Thanks for the post Doc.

I don't know if this forum allows it but if it does, I can post a Helmet Hook sales thread. If not, just follow the info from Doc to get it.
The $13.95 is a forum member price but I will honor it, the only thing I would like to ask you guys that if you want one, please post
in the forum followed by a PM to me or an email or paypal payment.
The reason for wanting you guys to post in the forum? It accomplishes many things.
For you guys, it shows that others ARE buying, you can then ask them what they think of it and so on.
For me, it bumps the thread letting many more see it.

As for the price, at some point I will be able to drop the price but I still have to make up for the $10,000 (approximately)
injection mold cost and it takes awhile.

Now, about making something yourself. Although anything is doable, I've always considered the time and effort and how it would look
vs buying something already made. For more expensive items, I've always been all for it but for this price, I personally wouldn't do it.
Also, here are a couple of pics of what it looks on a scooter (customer pic and used with permission).

As for why it might be worth $15 bucks, read Michaels testimonial on this page (note, more testimonials to come).

http://thehelmethook.com/pages/customer-testimonials

The idea/product is a little over a year old and I would appreciate posts in other forums, facebook, twitter, etc and you may use any pics on my site without problems
and since I am the manufacturers, I'm also always looking for resellers worldwide. Stores, people, distributors, etc.

Thanks and please ask if you have any questions.

George
Inventor and manufacturer of The Helmet Hook (TheHelmetHook.com). Member price is $13.95 shipped to the USA and $2 extra for international shipping. Post in one of my threads that you want one and I will PM with payment instructions. ALWAYS looking for resellers WORLDWIDE. Persons or Businesses..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 04:13:46 AM »
Welcome Aboard George!

As a member you can Pm Skadamo. He's the guy that pulls the strings here.

IMHO you have a very nifty product there. I'm sure you will have plenty of purchases from the members that care about their expensive gear.

Best to ya! Z.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 04:15:06 AM »
Does the bar end that holds it on come with it? Is there a matching bar end for the other side to make a match?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 04:20:50 AM »
http://thehelmethook.com/products/the-helmet-hook

Check out his site. There's a Pict gallery, and your mouse creates close ups. Witchery...

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 05:06:28 AM »
Does the bar end that holds it on come with it? Is there a matching bar end for the other side to make a match?

Nope, bar ends are either bought separately (not expensive either) but usually come standard on most bigger scooters, japanese bikes
and BMW's for instance. Also works with handguards. Bottom line is, you need a bolt going into the handlebar to hold the helmet hook
and if you look at the pics on my site, sixth picture/thumbnail shows a close up of the helmet hook. The purpose of the washer
is for those that have bar weights that have a thicker end/bolt side or the expanding rubber bushing. In this case you just push
the washer out with your finger. It's just pressed on.

Bar weights are a good addition to any bike. Looks good and keeps your grips from getting messed up if you lean or fall on something.

Rubber bushing expands when tightened 

All kinds of bar end weights  https://www.google.ca/search?q=bar+end+weight&tbm=isch&imgil=HMLaH1gz-Q1m4M%253A%253BOCyR-W0qi9VOKM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.sportsbikeshop.co.uk%25252Fmotorcycle_parts%25252Fcontent_prod%25252F73794&source=iu&pf=m&fir=HMLaH1gz-Q1m4M%253A%252COCyR-W0qi9VOKM%252C_&usg=__wSgwERWLNoE5pWyI8y8ZenFf0QU%3D&biw=2347&bih=1117
Inventor and manufacturer of The Helmet Hook (TheHelmetHook.com). Member price is $13.95 shipped to the USA and $2 extra for international shipping. Post in one of my threads that you want one and I will PM with payment instructions. ALWAYS looking for resellers WORLDWIDE. Persons or Businesses..

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 05:07:20 AM »
Welcome Aboard George!

As a member you can Pm Skadamo. He's the guy that pulls the strings here.

IMHO you have a very nifty product there. I'm sure you will have plenty of purchases from the members that care about their expensive gear.

Best to ya! Z.

Thanks for the welcome and I'll contact him   :)

..and I'm with you about not chaining my dogs up. All mine are rescue dogs. Privacy fence around the house and a dog door and every so often, I give
money to animal rescues. For those who WANT to give to rescues, there is a link on my site where you can go straight to different rescues and donate
and they all appreciate even ONE dollar... just thought I'd throw that in there. They can't get enough help   :)

http://thehelmethook.com/pages/animal-rescue

George
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:10:14 AM by TheHelmetHook.com »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 07:04:38 AM »
LOL
I Love ya already! Post the house / car /Neighbors up for sale... Damn the torpedo!

I've never chained an animal in my life, but I've let quite a few off.
It's funny how the meanest animal on the block responds to one little act of kindness. Who would have thunk it!

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 07:21:18 AM »
First, IF I post a for sale thread, what section should it be in (assuming that's what you meant and if not, I have a couple of neighbors I'd like to get rid of. Not sure I would get anything for them though).

Yeah, it kills me what we do to animals. I share lots of rescue stuff on Facebook so I also see a lot of their stuff and there are some
animals that are horribly mistreated. Breaks my heart.

Here's a little kittycat I rescued years ago. Had friends pay for her vet bills 'cause I was broke (as usual).
Check out the x ray of her (we thought it was a she but it turned out to be a he. Don't ask me how I know..). Pics are clickable...
http://extuff.biz/images/pets/chung-wah.htm

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »
My goodness. I hardly know what to say. Perhaps just a big hug from all of us animal lovers will convey how I feel about this.

I told a story on here about a fella beating a wiener dog, and how his teeth prints are now on the barrel of a .45.
I'll never understand what drives a person to be soooo low. Castration/sterilization may be a partial cure (for the offender). You sure don't want these people re-producing...

I've spent thousands on animals, actually 10's of thousands, and I would never take back one dime of it.

I'm sure you know about Twinkles... My imaginary legless Elk.

Anyway... If you go to the home page, and scroll all the way down past us low life 50cc'ers... There is a for sale section. Folks do pretty well there.

I appreciate your huge heart. It counts! ;D

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 11:40:22 AM »
For anyone that reads this, I have a standing offer to anyone that has any charity that they like. Promote my product with a discount code and for every time it's used, I will give
a percentage to YOUR charity with payment proof through paypal.

I put an offer like that on facebook and only two people even bothered sharing it. People always expect others to do it, to be good, to sacrifice and so on.
I am nothing compared to soo many people I know of but there are soo many more than can do sooooooo much better.

Lots of chained dogs around where I live. I want to win the big lottery and buy a huge piece of land and make it into a retreat for all animals and any animals.
That would be soo cool. Most animal rescues have volunteers but what they don't have is space and money.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 12:44:54 PM »
I like the idea of the helmet hook, it's practical and the price isn't bad. Job well done.

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:51 PM »
I like the idea of the helmet hook, it's practical and the price isn't bad. Job well done.

Thanks   :)

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »
For those who are interested, we've discussed giving away some hooks to those that write something about
the Helmet Hook in a forum, on FB, twitter, or somewhere, with good exposure. Especially forums where I myself
am not even a member. I just would like to get the word out there and I'm looking for people that can make a cool
video showing the helmet hook in perhaps a funny clip that I can post online.

Any takes, resellers, people that go to Rallies and want to sell or pass out business cards, etc.
Please pm me.

Thanks

George

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()