Author Topic: Hey, Stig! Honda Grom/Forza recall  (Read 6818 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Hey, Stig! Honda Grom/Forza recall
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
You aware of the 2014 recall from Honda? Saw it on scootdawg forum. Fuel pump problems. Hope yours is not affected.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Hey, Stig! Honda Grom/Forza recall
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 05:12:08 PM »
You aware of the 2014 recall from Honda? Saw it on scootdawg forum. Fuel pump problems. Hope yours is not affected.

Karl
Shhh He knows just pretends it's no biggie cause he's wearing "red tinted glasses". ;)
He's told how great Big Red did at fixing their screwup. :o

Ignores the fact that the renowned Honda quality control screwed to pooch right out of the box.
As a last ditch he'll go to an old hat Kymco warranty issue.

I feel bad for Stig. His home forum puts the Forza as a second class citizen to the PCX.
Of course the PCX is a true class leader so I get it. The Forza is an also ran in the 300 class.

Sorry but   "the emperor has no clothes"

He's a top notch guy just the Honda posts are just goofy as nobody here is yearning for that Forza.

Be Big,
AMAC
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:16:39 PM by Amac1680 »
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:25:25 PM »
What's a Forza???
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
Who's this guy Honda everyone is talking about?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 10:07:32 PM »

Karl
Hey Karl, thanks for the heads up.
Coming home today on my lovely HO_DA ForZa with a bigdam smile on my face I noted my dash lights blinking. 2 quick Blue blinks.... a pause of several seconds and then one long Green blink. Then a quick triple blink of the rose/pink light.

While sipping a fresh, dark roast Horton at home, I pulled out my leather bound Honda owners manual to see what that was all about.
Looking in the "OnBoard Display & Entertainment via Satellite Linking" pages of the manual I found the explanation for the lights:
The 2 Blue lights blinking were to let me know that the Honda engineering dept has discovered a possible anomaly with an onboard part and are in the process of Texting a maintenance solution/repair to the scooter. The green light lets me know that the scooter has received the message - and that the repairs have been completed.
I need to open the emails on the HeadsUp display by the tach - but I suspect that the rose/pink lights are to let me know that Mother Honda is giving me 3 more free service sessions as a gift for disturbing my ride.....or they may have just changed my oils and checked the valve lash, again.

In any event....this scooter continues to amaze - and to reward my discernment.
Thanks again Karl!
Stig
I took it in yesterday to have the "12" put on my new top case....and just one more Marlboro sticker.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:09:54 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 07:23:06 PM »
Wow Stig:
Talk about being advanced. This is cool that the scooter has all this advance technology.  Maybe all kymcos should have advanced computer technology on their bikes for when their is a problem which is I doubt is slim to none on them.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:37:06 AM »
Well then......
WTF, i have a Ninja 650!!

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 09:40:14 AM »
Wow Stig:
Talk about being advanced. This is cool that the scooter has all this advance technology.  Maybe all kymcos should have advanced computer technology on their bikes for when their is a problem which is I doubt is slim to none on them.

Well, the K-pipe has some "technology". The odometer blinks after 2000 km when it say that you need to change the oil. The mechanics nor the importer did not know about it, because it is not mentioned in the service manual, but only in the user manual. Since the next service is at 3000 km, i take this as kymco telling me that i should change the oil, but the importer claims that will remove my warranty. :p
That's the edge of electronic technology in Kymco!
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 09:53:24 AM »
Don't sell the Kymco short. It has both High, and Low beam head lamps at the flip of a simple ergonomic switch.  :-*

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 05:45:05 PM »
NSA demands all new vehicles to have electronic links for remote control.
I praise Allah for my old vehicles and would rather buy a new Baotian, CFMoto, Dnepr or Enfield ..

BTW: In Europe, Kymcos oil lamp lighting every 2000km (i.e. Yager GT too) is only a reminder for checking oil level.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 06:28:57 PM »
Not even Honda is immune to 3rd party suppliers poor QC. It's a minor inconvince and Honda will make good to its customers.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 01:48:27 AM »
Not even Honda is immune to 3rd party suppliers poor QC. It's a minor inconvince and Honda will make good to its customers.

Of course they will.
Yet nary a recall on my Downtown...... ;)

Only an inconvenience for the Grom guys.
Honda had all three of the Forzas fixed up on no time..... ;D

Honda great bikes average scooters.

Be Big,
AMAC
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:16:09 PM by Amac1680 »
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 02:21:34 PM »
No recalls on my Downtown , either.

Does have electronic fault/error codes . Many only  need a reset through throttle .

Third year ownership = 2 new batteries ( replaced free - second one with more cranking power ), 2 new tires (nail - replaced free with my 4 year tire warranty that Kymco offered ), and stronger (3 amp as opposed to .08 amp ) in glovebox to run GPS,gloves,etc.( without direct hookup needed to battery ) and oil/regular servicing at less than $100.00 per year at Dealership.

Lucky to have Dealership that knows how to do what they are supposed to know what to do .

They promote the Kymcos above the Hondas ( that hey sell ), with exception to the Ruckus .

I feel I made the best choice for myself .

"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
The Forza is an also ran in the 300 class.

Also-ran my arse :lol:
After the mid August launch in the UK, Honda sold more Forzas in six weeks of Q3 than Kymco have sold Downtowns in four years.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/kymco_downtown
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honda_nss_300_a-d

All manufacturers have glitches along the way, I remember early Downtowns had dodgy rear brakes for example.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()