Author Topic: 2t lovers, what do you take of this?  (Read 2873 times)

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
2t lovers, what do you take of this?
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »
Saw this on another forum
http://canadamotoguide.com/2014/12/31/china-bike-sellers-face-more-fines-in-us/

Then read along to find this post by a member.  Any one else hear of this? 2t Kymco scooters no longer being imported?  Page one has the original posting.

http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/thread/10963/chinese
-scooters?page=2

You know,  since you're supposed to trust everything to read on the internet.  Especially forums. 

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: 2t lovers, what do you take of this?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
For sure there are no 2t in the USA with carburetors. only the Ditech will be imported 2015. I'm not surprised that the Chinese bikes got screwd like that, and it's really a good thing. If they are saving money by making fake emissions reports then they should be fined out of business.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:23:35 PM »
No more 2t outboards either.

That let down tens of thousands of racing guys.

I personally have never seen a 4t 50cc race scooter so I can't comment there.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
You know what's hilarious about outlawing 2t stuff? Our WPS rep goes snowmobiling and those f***ers have like 1200cc three cylinder two stroke engines, guess what? TOTALLY LEGAL!!!! No problems there....... WTF but a 49cc 90mph two stroke scooter is "too harmful for the environment". LOL
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
Diesel Trucks!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:29:15 PM »
i would say something about how i run 50-70 to one gallon and that the emissions can't equal to the 20 miles to the gallon in a car, but everyday's fresh start and first 1/4 mile of my scoots ride gives up enough smoke to make a roomful of hippies cry.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »
That's oil vapor. It's not the same.

The pollutants the EPA are worried about can not be seen.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 10:48:44 PM »
Another thing, even though a scooter can go 50-100mpg, they emit many times more NOx and other gasses than cars.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 11:44:20 PM »
Yea the EPA and the liberal agenda is going to kill all 2 strokes. Funny how the euros are liberal Nazis but they love diesels, most cars run on diesel over there.

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 12:00:52 AM »
What's the fun of all the awesome smoke if it's not destroying something. Yet i do admit that the exhaust hits me harder than car exhaust ever did.
Maybe that's my problem...    :o
the neighbors have come to terms with me sitting next to the tailpipe of my running scooter...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 12:33:47 AM »
Yea the EPA and the liberal agenda is going to kill all 2 strokes. Funny how the euros are liberal Nazis but they love diesels, most cars run on diesel over there.
Although I enjoy a two stroke, that is a very shallow-minded thing to say. I don't see how people could be anti clean air....... I love two strokes, but they DO pollute a sh** ton. But you will never convince Right wingers that regulation is a good thing.....

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 02:02:09 AM »
That's very strange, the conservatives created the clean water act and the epa. Signed into law by a republican prez by the name of Richard Nixon.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 02:55:13 AM »
I don't want to get into this argument in a forum, it gets ugly fast. This forum is about the last place on the internet without political hatred. Btw i am in no means
Way in favor of Obama I'll just put that out there.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 04:56:13 AM »
Chalky lover...

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 06:23:16 AM »
Chalky loves to ski! Beboppin around like light bulbs with tennis shoes on...

I don't purposely run my anything at destructively polluting levels,  like those almost brand new diesel trucks that the guys set up to blow black smoke.
Hell,  my little Taotao still has it's "emissions " tube thing.  That is mainly due to it not robbing me of power,  unlike the one on the s9.

Now I'm feeling guilty for wanting to just go out and ride the stinky stroker with no necessary destination. 

Now I'm not.  That passed quickly...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()