Author Topic: GERBING 7V heated glove liner report  (Read 631 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
GERBING 7V heated glove liner report
« on: January 06, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
The 7V Gerbing heated glove liner, the two thin rectangular batteries in each glove are in pockets under the wrist.   

My gauntlet glove fits easily over the heated liners. The bulk of both means I don't have to cinch my armored jacket cuff. That area is well closed off to cold air.

The report after wearing them :
35 mile ride at 40 degrees F. yesterday with one Gerbing on at the middle setting, and just silk liner and leather glove on the other hand: With the temps falling, I stopped and put the other Gerbing on after 1/2hr - my hand was getting moderately cold. The other heated hand felt fine.

45 min ride today at 10 degrees F. ("feels like -10" my cell phone said) one glove set on "high" heat, the other on "med." heat. Both hands were OK - but my fingers in the high heat glove did not feel cool, at all.

Verdict: they seem to work pretty well. I can ride without thinking about my hands after 45 mins. But I think that only a nut-job would try riding for more than an hour in temps below 20 degrees F, without stopping to warm the body up.

The Scooter: with a windchill of -8 in the dark this morning, I rolled out the LIKE200i for my work commute and it fired instantly and settled into a nice smooth idle. Using BP93 and an Iridium spark plug and I swapped out the stock YUASA battery for a more powerful YUASA battery last year.
I'm not one who thinks his scooter is running better as it accumulated thousands of miles - I see no difference in how it  starts and idles - and how it pulls strongly in the upper revs.

3-5" of snow tonight so it will be parked for a few days.

Yesterday got the red scoot out on wet roads - even though it meant giving it a wash again later. (then a "Italian Chamois" - at speed , to dry it off)

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()