Author Topic: Cool Wall.paper (IMHO)  (Read 3794 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Cool Wall.paper (IMHO)
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
My buddy Doc owns a distillery in Australia (Dobsons).

He makes some wonderful hootch, and is making quite a name for himself. That's not really the point here tho...

His artwork is. His web sight, and bottle labels are insane! I'll link these for you to see.

The other night he posted up a preview of his new Gin label, and I just HAD to use it for my wallpaper. I showed him how nice it was, and he kindly gave me permission to use/share it. He then very kindly made up another "combo" of some of his other labels for an official wall.paper.

Feel free to try them out...   Just right click the image, and "Save image as" to D'load it. From there right click, and hit "Use as Desktop".  I love them.

Here's what it looks like on my PC...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:07:21 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Cool Wall.paper (IMHO)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 06:02:43 PM »
Dobsons...  http://www.eastviewestate.com/

Ps... He's helping me w/ the design for RayMaran.com (my hydrofoil project)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:11:01 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »
Combo wall.paper...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 06:10:22 PM »
Cool, super old timey.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
I flipped out when I saw what he had made.

We both have very similar backgrounds in growing up in/around marinas, and distilling. Plus I have always liked all the 1920's - 1950 kinda of "feel".

When I saw his web sight (new) I had to ask who/how it was done. All him. From the coding right down to the images.
He's offered to help in my sites design, and shared what software he used to put it all together.

I'm really stoked to build something similar... An old time feel to the most modern sport boats on the planet. Of course I have no desire to copy his lead, but rather develop something new w/ the same "feel".

Boittom line... You meet a lot of people on the "web".
Some good/some bad/many... who cares.
Doc is one of the good guys. Much like Skad from here. He stays out of the day to day bull crap, and lets people do what they do.
To top it off, he shares MUCH more than he receives.

I have a short list of "deserted island" people. Many of you here on on that list, and there are a few (none here) I'd bring along for target practice... Here's to the people that share!!!

Here's a link to Doc's forum...   http://forum.moderndistiller.com/

In this photo I had asked everyone to "raise their glass... Goofy zombies didn't really get it. :-[
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:20:31 PM by zombie »

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 08:24:11 PM »
Nice stuff . I find it a little too cluttered for myself. I use a closeup (macro ) of a large blue dragonfly on some pickerweed I got at Camp.

Reminds meof where I'd rather be sometimes  ;)  .

Here's to you, Skad and Doc !
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 09:29:44 PM »
I get the same feeling w/ my old time wall.papers.
The previous one is a 1932 Ford Rat Rod, w/ a Rosie the Riveter type gall on the fender. I'm certain I was born decades too late, or perhaps re-born too soon. Maybe not enough time has passed for me to forget...

Cheers Sis!
 May the good Lord break the ankles of your enemies, so you can recognize them by their limp.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 03:10:29 AM »
Thanks for sharing these wall papers with us. They are really cool when life seemed to be a more simpler time.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 03:31:46 AM »
That's exactly my point King.

Life was simpler, and perhaps... better. There was a real sense of hope.

I LOVE this forum, and the very few of you that understand why. What did our president say before jailing all of us for not signing up for PRE PAID medical care?? 

Something about hope or change or ending which war? I forget...

It's NOT him, It's the machine. BlueSin said it best...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »
That's exactly my point King.

Life was simpler, and perhaps... better. There was a real sense of hope.

I LOVE this forum, and the very few of you that understand why. What did our president say before jailing all of us for not signing up for PRE PAID medical care?? 

Something about hope or change or ending which war? I forget...

It's NOT him, It's the machine. BlueSin said it best...

Sometimes I think this rebirth was a few years too late, then , I remember people speaking out . Here's to you , Bro !

8)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 03:35:15 PM »
You've got a style all your own Sis.
I can only imagine the group of friends you have. Summer BBq's must be a TRIP!

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 05:52:36 PM »
You've got a style all your own Sis.
I can only imagine the group of friends you have. Summer BBq's must be a TRIP!

Yeah...we ALL crazy here, but- we meld well .

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 09:41:10 PM »
Care to share some of your buds distillery products? Till we get a taste it ain't so.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »
http://dobsons-distillery.mybigcommerce.com/shipping-returns/

There's the Info.

At XMass he sent me two bottles of his Botanical infused dry Gin. I have to say I will purchase more when these are done.

The sell for 63.00 for 750ml but I'll tell ya... They are worth every penny.

Browse his sites, and check the stuff out. 

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
That's aaight, 18 pack of Lost River suds made here is good to go. If you get my drift? Congrats on your Fine spirits all by your lonesome. It's good to have friends......................

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()