Author Topic: Need Help Derestricting 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke)  (Read 988 times)

MrBoston

• View Profile
Need Help Derestricting 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke)
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:44:51 AM »
I am wondering how to derestrict my brand new 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke). What was can I derestrict it? I know about the CDI but I dont know which one to buy or what wires to detach. BTW I live America. Please respond ASAP, it would be nice. =) Also I have 50 miles/80.4km on it so I wont be modding it until I reach the 100 mile/300km mark. Any questions message me on here and I can give you my phone number since I'm usually on it, I can also send pictures if need be.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Derestricting 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:16:08 AM »
Hi mr...

It's best to keep to one thread.

We all keep an eye out for people needing help here, and tend to respond pretty quickly.

Here's a joke for ya... (so we don't waste a thread)

If you take nine apples, and try to fit them into one pie, how many tarts do you have?

One.

You came to the right place. There are a BUNCH of tarts here.

See you on the other threads...

IF you want Fred Drutz;s number I have that...  He's a hoot...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:19:36 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dennis Householder Jr

• View Profile
Re: Need Help Derestricting 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »
I have successfully disabled the rev limiter on my 2009 Kymco Super 9. Remove the CDI from the bike. Using a hack saw, cut directly down the middle of the CDI opposite of the plugs. Cut a little at a time, connecting the CDI and reving it out while on the center stand. If the rev limiter is still on, cut a little deeper and so forth. You will be amazed at the amount of power the bike will have.
                                                  Dennis P. Householder Jr

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()