Author Topic: Need Help Derestricting 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke)  (Read 2898 times)

MrBoston

• View Profile
Need Help Derestricting 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke)
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:45:48 AM »
I am wondering how to derestrict my brand new 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke). What was can I derestrict it? I know about the CDI but I dont know which one to buy or what wires to detach. BTW I live America. Please respond ASAP, it would be nice. =) Also I have 50 miles/80.4km on it so I wont be modding it until I reach the 100 mile/300km mark. Any questions message me on here and I can give you my phone number since I'm usually on it, I can also send pictures if need be.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Need Help Derestricting 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 2T (2 Stroke)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:17:46 AM »
The super 8 basic restrictions are variator boss and installing the #82 main jet. Both parts should have been in your seat upon delivery. Your dealer offer to derestrict the bike when you bought it? Those two things will get you a fairly solid 35mph. Another restriction is the exhaust, search for my exhaust derestriction guide thread it'll explain that to you. With those you should be hitting about 40 on flats. You could benefit from a derestrcted cdi but do the other stuff first. Welcome to the forum.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:04:51 AM »
Now I see where the double post came from...

What do you say to a gal w/ two black eyes?

Nothing she hasn't heard at least twice... Sorry, that sucks. 8)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MrBoston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:34:47 PM »
Yeah they gave me a boss a little 3 inch metal piece and a golden screw that came with it. The dealer said they would put it in once I come in for its first service.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »
That's your de-restrict. The dealer is doing you a favor by waiting till that service. Problems are rare in these scoots but it's best to see how the bike does before swapping any parts.

You will see in this vid how the belt rides up the front pulleys. The weight of the rollers make this happen. They are inside the front pulley or Variator as it's called.

That silver piece is the boss, and that is inside your variator. The one that is installed in your bike now, has a lip on it that prevents the pulleys from opening all the way, and thus never reaching top speed on flat ground.

It all gets simple once you see it.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:23:13 PM »
Yeah have your dealer do it so you don't break anything. Especially if they are offering to do it for free, that a good deal! First service is only 500mi
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

TheHelmetHook.com

• Inventor of The Helmet Hook
    • View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 03:04:53 AM »
Question and pardon my ignorance but I was always raised to be careful with 2 strokes.

Will derestricting something like a 2 stroke let it run faster and also rev out more, thus raising the chance it'll seize?

George
Inventor and manufacturer of The Helmet Hook (TheHelmetHook.com). Member price is $13.95 shipped to the USA and $2 extra for international shipping. Post in one of my threads that you want one and I will PM with payment instructions. ALWAYS looking for resellers WORLDWIDE. Persons or Businesses..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 03:40:28 AM »
Yes, and no.

The engines we are working with are terribly de-tuned, and capable of much higher rpm, and power.
That's the no part.

The yes part is if EVERYTHING is not done in balance the engine will self destruct. Just like building a cocked building.
It's not rocket surgery but all the parts need to be tuned. Meaning, all sharp edges chamferd. All ports/passages made symmetrical.
If you add a better scavenging exhaust pipe, you need to create a more efficient intake system, and that has to be capable of the proper 14:1 air fuel ratio in the required volume.

It is simple stuff, and everything you need to know is either right here, or hundreds of other sites on the net.
Nothing beats experience from trial, and error so right here i'll wager there is well over two hundred years of combined experience, and tens of thousands of trial, and error dollars. (that's just me)

These small cc 2t engines can add another third as much rpm, and seven times the original power output. Reliably if you treat them right.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:42:09 AM by zombie »

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 04:44:30 AM »
Well damn! I've done lernt sumptin'

I see guys locally with scooters that sound like they came out of hell and I'm always wondering if they're going
to screw up their bikes just for a few more miles of speed. The one I had did an easy 35 with me on it
and I'm of considerable size. I know one time, I raced a kid who was half my weight. I left him behind
and my scooter never even hesitated. I DO also think that this scooter was exceptionally well built and strong.
(Twist N' Go Venice)
Inventor and manufacturer of The Helmet Hook (TheHelmetHook.com). Member price is $13.95 shipped to the USA and $2 extra for international shipping. Post in one of my threads that you want one and I will PM with payment instructions. ALWAYS looking for resellers WORLDWIDE. Persons or Businesses..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 04:54:27 AM »
Our forum buddy Josh from The Scooter Garage is a TnG frequent flier.

I have an 80mph 76cc Kymco that started as a ZX 50.
I've beaten that engine to death for 6ish years of countless kits/combos. They are tough lil' bastards to say the least.

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 09:04:21 AM »
Very cool. So, does TMG still exist? For some reason I thought they were gone or something.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 01:26:20 PM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()