Author Topic: Wheel stripes  (Read 2935 times)

doxbike

• View Profile
Wheel stripes
« on: January 10, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
Since the 300gti is all black and not easy to see, I added some reflective wheel strips to increase visibility and will probably add additional reflective whatever to enhance the look

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: Wheel stripes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »
Very nice. This is just the Vespas with their ten inch wheels. They have the white thing on their tires.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:24:03 PM »
Took me a couple of tries....
The first stripes I was finally able to put on were reflective but had no lettering.

The second set I ordered - I could not read what they said!

The 3rd set were felective and I liked the custom lettering for my scooter.

The very first reflective stripe I bought was in a roll....and no-way that would go on my 13" & 14" rims!! Was making me crazy trying! so, I went with the pre-curved ones for specific rim sizes - BaddaBing - easysmeezy!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MooseMax

• This space for rent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 08:14:57 AM »
How about those LED lights for the tire valves that bicyclists use?  Looks like a circle of light when the wheel spins.

For the panels, i added black reflective tape (3M's 680 tape). 

And if you're really a safety freak, extra running lights, extra tail lights.. and a white helmet with reflective tape.

People 250
San Francisco, USA

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
I was wondering the same on the valve caps, i'm sure it's different from state to state, but as long as your not using red or blue, I don't think there would be a problem with it. During dusk and dawn when the light is failing is the best time to have these on. Where did you purchase those reflective stripes custom for the wheel size?

Wonder if these would work:

http://www.amazon.com/Abco-Tech-Light-Bike-Motorbicycle/dp/B00852684M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421247398&sr=8-3&keywords=led+valve+caps

'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 06:39:32 PM »
I was wondering the same on the valve caps, i'm sure it's different from state to state, but as long as your not using red or blue, I don't think there would be a problem with it. During dusk and dawn when the light is failing is the best time to have these on. Where did you purchase those reflective stripes custom for the wheel size?

Wonder if these would work:

http://www.amazon.com/Abco-Tech-Light-Bike-Motorbicycle/dp/B00852684M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421247398&sr=8-3&keywords=led+valve+caps yt?

Ebay, for strips to fit even two different size rims in the same order. Custom font and wording and colors of same. Pretty cool seller!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »
Ebay, for strips to fit even two different size rims in the same order. Custom font and wording and colors of same. Pretty cool seller!
Stig

Can you give us the ebay link? I'm interested. Since so far I couldn't find any for 13 and 14" wheels.
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »
Look for Stigs thread "search" on those wheel stripes.
There are a couple links to suppliers in there. Otherwise just search Ebay for "reflective motorcycle wheel".

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=%22reflective+motorcycle+wheel&_sacat=0
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 09:49:11 PM »
Can you give us the ebay link? I'm interested. Since so far I couldn't find any for 13 and 14" wheels.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380361606947

Pick your color, width, wheel size, script type, lettering, bike logo, etc.
I used them because I could get strips for a 13 and a 14 inch rim in the same order, and custom logo/lettering/font! You can also choose how many times you want the lettering on each strip.
Read thru the instructions to make use of all they offer.
Pretty cool seller.
Stig
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:54:24 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()