Author Topic: Winter HONDA Project  (Read 3782 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Winter HONDA Project
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 06:30:40 AM »
Holy Toledo!  I hope you listed it for 2g's. The Lifan engine can go either way (plus or minus). Add in Chicago Craigs... Murder Club will scoff it up! 8)

Yeah I actually did post for $2000 haha! I figure I'll just keep making it cleaner until someone pays me close to that. Got a seat cover on order yesterday. I might try your suction cup idea this weekend to get those tank dents out.

STIG, I would love to keep it, and if I only get low balls on CL I'll most certainly hold onto it :D If I keep it the Lifan engine has got to go, it's really not a high quality engine, even by China standards. It's funny how everyone that I've shown this bike too has funny stories from back in the day on a Honda, love it. My dad's always talking about how they used to have huge groups of kids on Honda 50s. Screw the haters, Honda is a fantastically interesting company. I'll post up more pictures once the we get a sunny day.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 11:03:17 AM »
Yeah I actually did post for $2000 haha! I figure I'll just keep making it cleaner until someone pays me close to that. Got a seat cover on order yesterday. I might try your suction cup idea this weekend to get those tank dents out.

STIG, I would love to keep it, and if I only get low balls on CL I'll most certainly hold onto it :D If I keep it the Lifan engine has got to go, it's really not a high quality engine, even by China standards. It's funny how everyone that I've shown this bike too has funny stories from back in the day on a Honda, love it. My dad's always talking about how they used to have huge groups of kids on Honda 50s. Screw the haters, Honda is a fantastically interesting company. I'll post up more pictures once the we get a sunny day.

Haven't seen any haters on this thread.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 05:21:25 PM »
Who could hate Sophia Loren?

Beauty is forever! (almost) But Oh My God... She IS Beautiful!!! :-*

The bike aint so bad lookin either.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:23:18 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 07:51:56 PM »
Nice old Honda,
Without going into stories about my past bikes and mishaps. 
I have found that on small "soft dent" no creases, Dry Ice and a hair dryer works pretty good.
I use a hair dryer because it doesn't get anywhere near the heat of a heat gun.
Heat the dented area (time consuming part) with the hair dryer then lay the dry ice on it and hold it for a few minutes. 
Repeat as needed, alternating between the heat and cold and I think you'll be surprised at how well it works.

Good Luck

Doc W.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 08:24:31 PM »
Nice tip Doc!!! I'll try that before the suction cups, dry ice is cheap!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »
Very nice "old school" tip. There's only a few guys alive that still know this.

Doc! you just moved up to the top ten on my "Respect List". (you should get the award, and "T" shirt in a few weeks)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()