Author Topic: 4° on a LIKE200eye  (Read 2251 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
4° on a LIKE200eye
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:25:56 PM »
4° Fahrenheit, 5:45 AM, arriving at work. (Oh yeah- the scoot fired instantly after sitting at cold temps - including below 0 - for days. Ran fine and idled perfectly on this very cold ride into work. EFI, Iridium plug, bigdam Yamaha fuel pump -? Whatever , I trust this scoot to perform on very cold days.)

Forecast was for "0% precip, cold & sunny" - what I got was snow flurries all blessed day!
HA! too cold & windy for it to stick! so I took the long way home from work.
OK, I gotta admit it is a little bit embarrassing at stop lights. (not a single other 2-wheeler moving - people tend to stare.) This is the one thing I do not like about riding a scooter - You are very conspicuous in the Land of F-150's. Thank goodness for the privacy of the full face helmet.

The first 50 ft - and final 50 ft - of my commute were the only tricky bits. Concerned that if I slip on the ice I'm going to drop my scoot! (I'll try to have it fall on me...)

OK men, we can do this thing....
Stig
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:44:37 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScootCoot

• View Profile
Re: 4° on a LIKE200eye
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »
You're my hero!  Four degrees, especially at 5:45 am, is way too cold for me!

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »
That's just too hardcore for me :) I absolutely loathe the cold weather. That's why I live in Texas! Supposed to be 67 this Saturday in Austin, setting up for my first ride of the year! Very excited.
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 04:27:12 AM »
What a diehard. Good on you Stig. Do you use studs on the tires? I would be nervous to ride in that weather. Years ago when I was much younger I used to ride my dirt bike in the snow. It was tons of fun until you hit that patch of black ice. I don't dare try that today. It took me a year to fully recoup from a fall in my house. Getting old can suck.  ;D

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 03:31:38 PM »
No, no studs. I never ride on ice, or roads that might be about to develop ice.
I looked forward all week to a Saturday sunrise ride....but the roads were glossy and dark after a night frost, so I turned around and went home.
Spent the morning servicing both scooters.
Very cold - and dry roads, and I'll head out for a ride.......but it is no fun if you're worrying about going down.
Some Forza owners ride at 70mph....I've been at 55 ,or so a couple of times for 5 or 10 minutes. I'm no thrill seeker and speed has never been my thing.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
300cc, that will probably top out around 100mph.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
Why did you change the fuel pump?
ALL STOCK

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
Why did you change the fuel pump?
There's a long sad series of posts, here, when I was trying to sort a running issue at low, steady speeds on my LIKE200i.
Was not getting any help from the dealer - so checked in with the forum members and began sorting the issue on my own. Sea Foam, a new  coil, plug, injector and fuel pump were some of the things I tried.
Then a member lent me a KYMCO diagnostic tool to plug in - and I found the throttle position sensor to be bad (which I suspected - but could not prove without the diagnostic tool. Then had to wait for the dealer to obtain the same tool ! so they could see what I was talking about) The dealer and I did 3 rounds, then I called in KYMCO USA and they lit some fires and got my new throttle body installed under warranty. This took a few months.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 10:14:42 AM »
Darn..........well at least you got that fixed
ALL STOCK

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()