Author Topic: Piaggio goes Ape  (Read 4745 times)

TheHelmetHook.com

• Inventor of The Helmet Hook
    • View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
Piaggio goes Ape
« on: January 17, 2015, 09:17:11 AM »
Just saw this on Facebook. I'm assuming/hoping it'll show up here and if not, I'll find another link to post.

I thought this was kinda cool. Dunno about a 50cc handling all that weight but I thought it was cool   :)

https://www.facebook.com/designdautore/photos/a.147541378619261.25071.112397672133632/147541701952562/?type=1

Inventor and manufacturer of The Helmet Hook (TheHelmetHook.com). Member price is $13.95 shipped to the USA and $2 extra for international shipping. Post in one of my threads that you want one and I will PM with payment instructions. ALWAYS looking for resellers WORLDWIDE. Persons or Businesses..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Piaggio goes Ape
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »
That's about the coolest thin ever!
Could you imagine Woodstock if they had These in '69? They'd probably 8) still be there!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »
That's a prototype for an extremely modified Ape TM (the big Ape with 200cc 2-stroke or 400cc Diesel). Never went into production.
Real production for the Ape TM: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/minireisemobil-auf-dem-caravan-salon-wohnkabine-fuer-ape-dreirad-2743321.html
Real Ape mobile home with 50cc:

Apes are very popular in Europe, because they really are tough micro truckswhich can maneuver on narrow alleyways.
And, of course, as a likeable media vehicle:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:48:19 PM by ts1 »

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:05:01 PM »
Never heard of an Ape (in this context) but yeah, love it   :)
Inventor and manufacturer of The Helmet Hook (TheHelmetHook.com). Member price is $13.95 shipped to the USA and $2 extra for international shipping. Post in one of my threads that you want one and I will PM with payment instructions. ALWAYS looking for resellers WORLDWIDE. Persons or Businesses..

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »
Ape is Italian for bee. (Vespa means wasp).
You know, a bee is hard-working and profitably.
The Ape series was introduced 1947. Matriarch of all Tuktuks in Asia too.

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »
Well, done learnt sumptin' new today   :)

Just FYI, I like bees   :)

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 12:22:48 AM »
Very interesting "mini RV" concept. If it had, say, a 200 cc engine, I'd be interested. Nice idea!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 12:51:00 AM »

The 50's British accent seals the deal
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 01:45:16 AM »

The 50's British accent seals the deal

Very well equipped scooter indeed   :)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 02:57:14 PM »

[/quote

Me too...and mine share their honey with me. I make a handcream (my Dads' recipe from early 70s) that can't be beat.The Beeswax makes water just bead off hands in wet weather and soft as a babys' bottom. Thinking of calling it :

Bee 4 Burts'        ;)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »
No Comment!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 11:52:23 PM »

[/quote

Me too...and mine share their honey with me. I make a handcream (my Dads' recipe from early 70s) that can't be beat.The Beeswax makes water just bead off hands in wet weather and soft as a babys' bottom. Thinking of calling it :

Bee 4 Burts'        ;)

I know a girl in CA that does her own bees too. Awesome   :)

Never did understand how people can be afraid of bees or wasps for that matter. I've never had one mess with me. They come too close and I just slowly wave
them off. Never a problem.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 12:38:04 AM »
No Comment! ;D

Actually I will comment... Native Americans tried waving off the wasps...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:39:51 AM by zombie »

TheHelmetHook.com

• View Profile
    • The Helmet Hook
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 02:37:15 AM »
No Comment! ;D

Actually I will comment... Native Americans tried waving off the wasps...

Stop hatin' on the bees   :)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 02:34:07 PM »
Stop hatin' on the bees   :)

Give Bees A Chance  ( I know...puns are the lowest form of humor )

Without Bees ( not Wasps)...we all die .       :'(

"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()