Author Topic: aftermarket Adjustable Brake Levers  (Read 1182 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
aftermarket Adjustable Brake Levers
« on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:50 AM »
My scooters did not come with adjustable brake levers.
This was no issue on the LIKE200i, as the braking is very light and levers are easily reached by my short fingers,,,,but in heavy gloves the levers on my Forza were at the very tips of my fingers. So, for several months I hunted some adjustable levers like those I've seen on some premium scooters and various motorcycles.
I was not at all certain these aftermarket items existed for a scooter (found plenty of clutch and brake levers, but never a pair of braking levers) Honda parts guys were not able to help me locate these.
Then I found these on a bing image search.....tracked them down to japanwebike and ordered a set.
If you have the same issue with your brake levers on your scooter - these are working great for me and seem to be very well made by U KANAYA. I have no idea if levers are a standard size at the mounting and pivot area - but I ordered thses specific to a Forza Si (the incountry version of my scoot) and they were fitted, perfectly, in less than 15 mins.
These arrived in about 8 days from Japan, very well packed, registered mail (must be signed for)

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: aftermarket Adjustable Brake Levers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:31:53 AM »
Stigs a big baller with gold levers!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
Can't stop there Stig. They make matching covers for the brake fluid reservoirs.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 02:10:50 PM »
Adjustable levers are standard on the Downtown 300i .

I have thought of going with colored levers,brake fluid reserviors,oil reservior, etc. I think it dresses things up a bit. May go for the naked handle bar ,too .

Kind of like the carbon fiber parts , as well , but- most likely wouldn't invest due to costs.

How do they look on the 200 ?
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

manimal

• 2013 Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 03:31:03 PM »
I like! I could use a set for my S8 scoot. With my everyday riding gloves (armored, racing), my reach is fine with the OEM levers, but like you, it's a bit of a reach when riding with my winter gloves.
~Daren
California (Nor*Cal)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 11:15:31 PM »
Isn't there an adjustable stop screw inside the brake lever housing? Need to squeeze the handle to access it. Lots of bicycles and older MCs had those.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 01:37:54 AM »
Can't stop there Stig. They make matching covers for the brake fluid reservoirs.

Be Big,
AMAC
Actually, appearances notwithstanding, I find most of those other colored scooter bits to be rather tacky looking (dip stick, passenger foot rests, reservoir caps, fan and crankcase covers, tire valve caps, etc.) I think my mirror extensions are one step away from duct tape....but I really need to see behind my wide shoulders....if I ever find nice black mirrors that will work I'll put them on and call my scoot complete.
Ever since VW and Porsche  presented with it in the 70's, I've been a fan of black trim....and this Forza  is basically just red and black. I like it......'cept for a tiny bit of bling for the levers.
I think I checked every Honda on the dealer's floor, including the Silverwing....looking for adj. levers that would fit the Forza. Zip.
IMHO...I still think the best looking new scooters are all Vespas....except for that goofy seat mounting on the ...what is it called - the 946?
What is dumber....that seat or the rider.

Looks wide enough to be comfortable for one person. Too bad they could not have integrated it into the body of the scooter. The design boys lost the plot over lunch, I guess....
Stig
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:50:51 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()