Author Topic: Temp Light turns on at a stop...Is that normal?  (Read 3962 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Temp Light turns on at a stop...Is that normal?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »
Sup BettinANDlosing,

There's a separate switch to turn on the fan?

A thermo switch, meaning it feels the coolant temp and turns the fan on. Then a different switch in your thermostat turns the warning light on. You could have a number of things. Was the bike new or used? I take it used because they haven't made the Venox for a while. I might have air pocket in coolant system. My B&W 250 had a warped head and always was overheating until I got the head decked.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
Re: Temp Light turns on at a stop...Is that normal?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
Sup BettinAndlosing,

I got it use 09 first owner from the Dealer.  They did say that it was good and running w/ no problem...But then again, when I took it out and rode it for a good while, the light came on.  They push my bike hard and they say nothing was wrong, but then again I got another problem.  So, I'm gonna talk to them and see what they can do to fix it.  Hopefully nothing major but easy to fix.  I don't mind working on it and learn about my bike...I bought warranty so I want to use it and not having to deal w/ it for now  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()