Author Topic: Temp Light turns on at a stop...Is that normal?  (Read 3964 times)

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
Temp Light turns on at a stop...Is that normal?
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
Sup Everyone!

I'm a new rider and I like to know about the temp light.  When I take a long ride for about 30mins on the street, hitting stop lights.  While waiting at a stop for a few second, my coolant light will turn on.  Is that normal?  After I start riding again, the light will turn off...I still got warranty, but I just want to know if that is normal before I hit to the dealer.  THANKS!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:14:03 PM by Johnny »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Temp Light turns on at a stop...Is that normal?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
I'd hit the dealer up. It could just be the coolant level is low or as involved as a bad water pump.

If you are in Kenya... Forget what I just said.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:44:56 PM »
Sup Zombie,

Thanks for letting me know.  I'm from Socal, but I'll hit up the dealer and let them check it out.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 02:49:28 AM »
Please post back, and let us know how it works out.

It'll help someone down the road. (no pun) ::)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »
Hi guys i do not have my mint venox no more since i moved to Canada... but i will be on here every now and then to lend a hand.
This particular topic is interesting because 1st the fan should kick in and then when the temperature rises more the fan will stay on and then the light should come on. i mean that is how it should be same as a car or any other combustion engine set up. my was like this... never seen that light come on other then the start of the ignition.

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:33:41 PM »
Sup Zombie,
Thanks...I'm taking my bike in this Sat. so, we'll see what they will say.  But I'll keep you guys posted!

Sup Max,
Yeah, that is what I thought too....but it shows up when I'm at a stop and goes away afterward.  But if I do have any questions, I'll let you know.  Thanks!

Thanks again for the advise and help!

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 03:58:52 PM »
Sup Zombie,
Thanks...I'm taking my bike in this Sat. so, we'll see what they will say.  But I'll keep you guys posted!

Sup Max,
Yeah, that is what I thought too....but it shows up when I'm at a stop and goes away afterward.  But if I do have any questions, I'll let you know.  Thanks!

Thanks again for the advise and help!

Yo sup dog....... ;)
I love those young'ns from SoCal.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:13:27 PM »
"Dog" is done Mac... It's now "Sup my Nica" (I think)

:o

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
hahaha...its more like Yo! Wadup Bro!  ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
Wuddi sup? LOL!

I like this guy!!!

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »
Wadup WadupP!!!

So the service department says they weren't able to find out why the overheat indicator light shows up.  But they did went ahead and check all the other stuff to make sure it was working and running right.  I'll be getting my bike 2morrow, so I can't wait to ride again.  Oh btw, I also pick up a GoPro and I already hook it up on my helmet, gotta do some testing on it while riding...HAHAA...Can't wait!!!  Aight Peace OUT!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 12:19:59 AM »
So they are confidant it is a non issue?

I would at least have the temps on the Temp. sender, fan switch, and the Tstat verified.
Maybe get one of those laser thermometers to verify the temps. at the source rather that taking parts out for now.

Heat is a killer on these small engines if it gets out of control.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 12:56:51 AM »
One thing to check, if you are idling the bike for a long time, look at the radiator and make sure the electric fan is kicking on. If its not coming on then the bike will eventually overheat when not moving. There is a separate switch in the radiator that turns on the fan.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 06:39:59 PM »
Sup Sup!

So, I got my bike back and they told me everything was working and that they haven't experience any overheat or light coming on.  It was 84degree and I took it out for an hr ride on the highway.  Guess what?  The light came on...Weird right...so, I stop at a gas station near by, took a shot of the light and call up the dealer service and told them, it came back on.  He was like, What!? He told me, they ran hard on the bike, took it out on the highway, check on the wiring, fans, etc...and everything works.  So, he told me to ride it and see what will happen if it comes on and stays on for awhile.

At the gas station I heard the fan working and look at it.  It was hot outside too, so I wasn't sure if it just that.  Welp, if anything comes to worse, I got warranty and I hope they will fix and find out what is going on with it.  Maybe get a new ride will be better?  hahahahah....BTW I just purchase this back only a week and already encounter the overheat indicator light  :-\.

It's like summer in Socal right now and I wanna enjoy it, so Imma RIDE ON and whatever happens...they can work with it.

Johnny

• Ride On
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »
Sup BettinANDlosing,

There's a separate switch to turn on the fan?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()