Author Topic: White Castle Las Vegas  (Read 5247 times)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: White Castle Las Vegas
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 10:43:12 PM »
Besides all the good food choices I could go for a good slice of New York pizza and an Chicago Italian beef sandwich. I am not a fan of deep dish pizza, but the Italian beef sandwich is simply amazing. I love mine dipped with the peppers I add to it. Its not hot, but the peppers do give it a nice little kick to it.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 11:39:34 PM »
King... You're hitting WAY below the belt now.
There are two foods I have been craving for 15 years, and you put them both in one post.

Rays Pizza (Park & 43rd), and Gino's sausage & peppers in Patterson NY. My daughter still talks about both places as well.

Ahhh but then the is the Capo di tutti capi. The king of kings. The best joint in the history of history... Vinnie's Clam Bar in Yonkers. The Zuppa Di Pesce had 2 Maine lobsters, 2 dozen cherry stone clams, 2 dozen muscles, 2 lbs of shrimp over 2 lbs of pasta, covered in a Fra Diabalo sauce that caused murders. A couple bottles of Cabernet, and I'd spend 4 hours eating...

Thanks King. Now I HATE Florida. This will take awhile to get over
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 03:27:16 PM »
Z-Man,

Unless you eat them here, they are called Maine Lobster,but-probably are not. They could be (undersized for Maine Law) Canadian lobster or Masshole lobster.

Cherry stone clams are nothing compared to whole belly clams from here (except green crabs are decimating the poulation of them ANS the mussels ...non-native crabs ).

Me-- I'll take a cudighi sausage sandwich anyday ! I do like Italian Beef ,too, the Au Jus is the best part .

Smacking lips sound here .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »
See. I've been in Fl. tooooo long. Down here they have Spiny lobster, so you have to call real lobster, Maine lobster.
On Long Island they were simply Lobster.

I hate politics.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 08:30:12 PM »
Ray's Pizza was the best pizza I ever had growing up in NYC. I had this pizza up in Harlem when our spring H.S. track meets were up at Randell's island. This pizza was so damn good.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »
Were you around when they got busted?

Phenomenal... http://nypost.com/2013/09/22/secret-mob-history-of-rays-pizza/

I cried for weeks. (not for the pizza either) ;)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 08:00:26 PM »
Zombie:
I was not around when they got busted. I have been living in Vegas for almost 22 years. I moved out of NYC in Oct. 1993.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 03:12:54 AM »
It was '94 so you just missed it. It was big news but no surprise...  8)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 12:56:56 AM »
I am happy the Herbst family brought White Castle to Vegas, but they are charging way more than Wendy's for a value burger. I really do hate these scum bags for being so damn greedy and not offering the customer value for their hard earned money. http://www.gamingtoday.com/vegas_style/article/51842-White_Castle_has_a_royal_opening#.VNFsby6VVec

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 03:00:25 AM »
What?  No dear. I'm just going to White Castle.

(to get MY burgers) What?  No I didn't say anything... (bi#*h)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »
White Castle sliders
1 1/2 lb Hamburger meat
1 Onion chopped
1 packages Lipton Onion Soup dry mix
1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Creamy Peanut butter
2 packages Slider Buns
1 Cheese if desired
1 as needed Pickle slices
Directions
Mix hamburger, milk, peanut butter and onion soup mix by hand in a bowl
Place hamburger mix on cookie sheet and flatten by hand or with rolling pin filling the whole cookie sheet to the edges
Bake at 350 for ten minutes, and pull out of oven
The meat cake, if you will, has now shrunk. Add chopped onions to the edges and put back in oven for ten minutes
Pull meat cake out again, this time add cheese slices, pickle and scoop onions onto meat. Now place the tops of the slider buns on the meat cake making individual burgers, but don't cut the meat yet. Put bake in oven for 10 minutes
Pull out and use a pizza cutter to cut the meat and scoop onto the bottom buns that did not go in the oven
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 12:23:54 AM »
My god, I'm hungry.

I completely, and utterly HATE this thread. It reminds me of the Sears Xmas book when I was a kid.
 I always got socks!

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 10:24:02 PM »
You guys are too much. I guess I should have started this thread. I was at White Castle last week after I washed my car and I waited less than ten minutes to pace my order. After the sixth slider my body was telling me to quit which I did. I will try shake shack which opened up a couple months back.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 01:07:37 AM »
Nathans hot dogs tonight... MMMMMMmmmmmm!

I even bought their sour kraut. Too bad they don't sell their French fries frozen. I don't know what makes them so good but My Goodness, MMMMmmmmmmm.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 05:53:14 AM »
You ever have a Whataburger in Tx? That is A burger!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()