Author Topic: Winter  (Read 4082 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:04:15 PM by bluesin »
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: Winter
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »
Usually about this time of year I get spring fever, can ya smell it? Can ya, can ya? My favorite time of year in these parts, march through june. 1 minor detail, March and April can be the worse part of winter some years, but it does get warmer.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:12:34 PM by 2wheelfun »

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:56:43 PM »
I am glad I do not have to deal with the snow. Its gonna be in the low to mid seventies by the end of the week here in Vegas. Today I was literally wearing shorts, tee shirt, and sandals. Life is good out here in the desert.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Jeopardy4100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:47:49 AM »
Alaska celebrates marmot day.  Doesn't matter if they see their shadow, there always is 6 more weeks of winter.  Not a lot of snow, just icy streets and days of sub-zero weather.  But come the end of April, being aware shady spots because ice will linger there, I will be riding again.  Looking to make the round trip from Anchorage to Valdez via road and ferry.  8)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:34:23 AM »
I almost moved to Homer Alaska 15ish years ago. I PROMISE you I would not be posting if I did.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Jeopardy4100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 06:19:26 AM »
Homer is in the Kenai banana belt.  Been here 7 years, been visiting 6 years before that.  Still haven't made it to Homer, got as close as Anchor.  But the fishing was too good to keep going.  Had a BMW R1150 at the time.  Now I'm setting back and cruising on a '13 Xciting 500Ri.  Doesn't much matter now, winter time you know.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »
Homer is in the Kenai banana belt.  Been here 7 years, been visiting 6 years before that.  Still haven't made it to Homer, got as close as Anchor.  But the fishing was too good to keep going.  Had a BMW R1150 at the time.  Now I'm setting back and cruising on a '13 Xciting 500Ri.  Doesn't much matter now, winter time you know.

Yep... it IS winter. This is where I grew up (and what Eastern Maine is looking like this year ) :

"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 07:42:18 PM »

Yep... it IS winter. This is where I grew up (and what Eastern Maine is looking like this year ) :

All that computer generated people outside stuff... Like Star Wars.
I know it's not real.

Nice try Sis!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 07:45:21 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/nwsedd/photos/a.332665340182915.77955.283008045148645/712615845521194/?type=1&theater

As this post clearly shows the blue "death zones", and the purple "vaporized dead zones". 
Man was not made to survive below 60 ish degrees f. That's all there is to it.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
As this post clearly shows the blue "death zones", and the purple "vaporized dead zones". 
Man was not made to survive below 60 ish degrees f. That's all there is to it.

Like you, I tooam one of the walking dead. I like blood vs. brains, though. No chance ofMad Cow Disease that way .     ;)

blue

• View Profile

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 09:56:34 PM »
I ate the brain, Sis drank the blood, and all that is left is a hairy meatcicle under three feet of red snow.

Good luck w/ that Bob.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 10:51:46 PM »
I ate the brain, Sis drank the blood, and all that is left is a hairy meatcicle under three feet of red snow.

Good luck w/ that Bob.

Lipsmacking Good ! Little B&*%$&d said six more weeks, so we ate him !  >:(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 10:58:22 PM »
What do you get when you cross a Vampire, and a Zombie?

f***ed!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()