Author Topic: hello from the uk  (Read 6959 times)

yellasei

• View Profile
hello from the uk
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »
hi, my names andy and i like on the nw coast of the uk :)
i joined up here because i own a KYMCO but you guy's don't cover my model :'( but i have to start somewhere!! i have tried all corners of the internet and forums but found that nobody cover's my model.
well, here it is.....it's a 2007 KYMCO ck125 pulsar and is a near copy of the legendary HONDA cg125. sofar the bike has done me well but i have only owned it for a month or so. being a motorcycle technician i have covered and looked at, serviced, modded and checked all possible weak point's and hope the bike will serve me well. the only gripe at the moment is that KYMCO seem to think that they have to use rear shock absorbers that would suite a 750 bike and they are as stiff as hell!!! are other model's like this??
can't wait to hopefully join in on this forum and hopefully find other ck125 owner's
cheers and welcome, andy

SeanOaloha

• View Profile
Re: hello from the uk
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
sweet bike man - just keep posting and someone is bound to have some similiar stories, nice bike anyway!!
MAHALO FOR YOUR ALOHA!!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »
hi, my names andy and i like on the nw coast of the uk :)
i joined up here because i own a KYMCO but you guy's don't cover my model :'( but i have to start somewhere!! i have tried all corners of the internet and forums but found that nobody cover's my model.
well, here it is.....it's a 2007 KYMCO ck125 pulsar and is a near copy of the legendary HONDA cg125. sofar the bike has done me well but i have only owned it for a month or so. being a motorcycle technician i have covered and looked at, serviced, modded and checked all possible weak point's and hope the bike will serve me well. the only gripe at the moment is that KYMCO seem to think that they have to use rear shock absorbers that would suite a 750 bike and they are as stiff as hell!!! are other model's like this??
can't wait to hopefully join in on this forum and hopefully find other ck125 owner's
cheers and welcome, andy

Congrats.
Btw. be happy to have firm rear shock. IMHO much better thing than saggy-bouncy-soft shocks. You can feel the road much better if you have stiffer suspension and reaction to direction changes are better. (obviously I do not care about comfort, but performance).
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

yellasei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »
thank's for the welcomes, i hope i enjoy my stay here and also hope i can be of assistance to other's with their bike's and problems.
this isn't the first bike i have owned, i have been riding for 25 years now and have a huge list of past bikes i have owned, this does seem like a reasonable bike though!!! im quite suprised by most of the build quality and i hope i can keep hold of it and use it for a good few years.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:50:13 PM »
That is a SUPER sharp looking bike! congrats... I noticed the same on my zx super fever. the rear shock holds two riders w/out bottoming out. I'm sure w/ a little research you can find an aftermarket adjustable for it. They always look "cooler" anyway. Please do stick around. there are plenty of people looking to improve/ de-restrict their machines, and things like custom tuning carry right across scooter-bike boundries. Back to the shock. I have an extra nc/50 shock I was thinking of mounting. It is almost 1/2" longer, but considerably softer. I kinda like the rear to sit down a little coming of corners.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
thank's for the welcomes, i hope i enjoy my stay here and also hope i can be of assistance to other's with their bike's and problems.
this isn't the first bike i have owned, i have been riding for 25 years now and have a huge list of past bikes i have owned, this does seem like a reasonable bike though!!! im quite suprised by most of the build quality and i hope i can keep hold of it and use it for a good few years.

..welcome to the forum Andy!

..nice lookin' ride!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:39:22 AM »
Welcome- Very sharp looking machine! 8)

yellasei

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:34:52 PM »
some future plans are to have the seat re-covered and to get the rear part done in red to match the paint so if you squint it will look like it has a seat hump fitted, do something with the rear end!!!! i think it looks a bit of a mash up of parts from a scooter, probably keeping the side panels but sorting out the rear mudguard. replace the rear light unit for something a bit more classic looking.
i would'nt mind going for a kind of "cafe racer" look????
the wheels need to be another colour too, can't decide between white or gold, gold probably being the more classy look.
i will keep you guy's posted with my mod's but.........i am open to ideas!! if any of you guy's have ideas, let me know.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
Powder coating is about the same price as quality paint these days, and Much easier to maintain. That mud guard looks like the one on the super fever. No doubt you could use something nicer. Try shopping for after market fenders. they are also pretty cheap. Fiberglass is easy to modify for fit. I do like the cafe' approach. How many km's are on it . From the photo's I would say not over 2k. Looks like a ton "o" fun.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

yellasei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »
Powder coating is about the same price as quality paint these days, and Much easier to maintain. That mud guard looks like the one on the super fever. No doubt you could use something nicer. Try shopping for after market fenders. they are also pretty cheap. Fiberglass is easy to modify for fit. I do like the cafe' approach. How many km's are on it . From the photo's I would say not over 2k. Looks like a ton "o" fun.
it has 3000 km on the clock!! i don't think it has seen a british winter yet. lol. over here when the roads ice up, they use rocksalt to stop freezing!!! this corrodes metals like crazy, something this bike has'nt seen yet.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 12:26:31 AM »
I once bought a yamaha 2 stroke 2 cylinder, that was very much like yours. Stored up in the winter , and basicly a weekend go to town & back in the summer. Looks like 1 fun little bike!

yellasei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 06:34:36 PM »
update!! new indicators ;D i hated the look of the droopy, plasticky, rubber indicators and went for these mini bullet ones in chrome. i thought that they go well with the chrome headlight and break up all the black plastic at the rear.
what do you guy's think???

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
Real nice look. They are a much better style for the bike. I have taken the stalks off my zx super fever, and am using the built in on the fairings. the front are fairly well separated but the rear are so close together it is hard to see them in the daylite. Those just may be the answer. Where did you find them?

yellasei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 12:25:02 AM »
from a firm here in the uk called bike it, they are probably chinese but are well made and fitted ok too ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 12:44:41 AM »
Thanks for the tip I will look them up! best of luck w/ the bike. Ps. your post re: mud flap got me thinking, so I cut about 6" off (right to the lisc. plate) and it looks much cleaner. Made that fat rear tire stand out much better! (zx/super fever) Even a simple out loud thought may trigger the next guy so THANKS!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()