Author Topic: Fear of dropping the Downtown 300i when putting on center stand.  (Read 1155 times)

bountybuddy

• View Profile
Fear of dropping the Downtown 300i when putting on center stand.
« on: February 10, 2015, 08:49:26 PM »
Hi everyone.  I worry about dropping the Downtown 300i when I put it on it's center stand.  I had a Honda Reflex that weighted about the same as the Downtown 300i I think.  On the ground I didn't have any problem putting on it's center stand but on the pavement I did have a bit of a problem.  Is the Downtown 300i hard to put on it's center stand?  I'll be 71 in July and I'm no where's near as strong as I used to be.  Thank you for your help.  Ride safe my friends.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of dropping the Downtown 300i when putting on center stand.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »
I'm 74 and Dee-dee is 80 and others are in that range and we are doing OK. Just make sure you are putting ALL your weight on your right foot while you are stepping on the centerstand pedal, pull UP with your right hand under the luggage rack bar  and she comes right up! Hold the front wheel straight with your left hand. Where are you? I'll come over and show ya on my DT300i.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 01:04:10 AM »
You should be fine. Do as others said and step straight down and she pops up pretty good.
I'm a incomplete paraplegic with little feeling , or strength, in the legs and I can pop it up pretty easy.

It's actually easier than my SYM RV200 that weighs in 50 lbs less.

Best of luck with your new ride.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

bountybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:09:34 AM »
Thank you both for your help.  I live in Michigan.  Do either of you know of anyone in Michigan that has a Downtown 300i?  I'm hoping there are a few here in Michigan.  Thanks again for your much needed help.  Ride safe my friends.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Thank you both for your help.  I live in Michigan.  Do either of you know of anyone in Michigan that has a Downtown 300i?  I'm hoping there are a few here in Michigan.  Thanks again for your much needed help.  Ride safe my friends.

Google "Scooter clubs in Michigan" .

Have a friend in the Thumb who had an Aprilia Scarabeo 500 cc, but- swithched to an 1100 BMW .

Try going to Facebook and Kymco Riders of America to see, as well .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()