Author Topic: Exhaust Pipe Gasket?  (Read 1267 times)

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Exhaust Pipe Gasket?
« on: February 22, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »
Who knows that for sure?  8)
Does the Like 125/200i have/need an Exhaust Pipe Gasket?

My Like 200i at the moment obviously does not have a Exhaust Pipe Gasket...for what reason ever. Either the factory forgot it, or is not needed anymore or my "beloved" dealer "forgot" it during a removal due to warranty repair of the y-fork.  ???

And if it is needed, is it also mandatory to replace that gasket with a new one everytime the exhaust is removed, or just a recommendation?
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust Pipe Gasket?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »
18291-GGA7   18291-GGA7-080   GASKET EXH PIPE   $3.63

It's not as mandatory as not cursing at your mother but it is more so than watching your step in a cow field.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »
After you sure it's not stuck to the cylinder head? Sometimes it stays pressed into the head where the exhaust meets the head. It's a little doughnut looking thing about the size of a $.50 piece.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »
Thanks guys. Talked also to the Main Importer Technician today on phone and he told me two things.

First: The gasket is obviously stuck to the cylinder head and therefore easily overlooked by Noobs, otherwise if there were no gasket, it could be heard easily. Louder Engine/Exhaust Noise.

Second: The gasket does not necessarily have to be replaced with a new one each time the pipe was removed.

So, obviously I´ve just overlooked my gasket and there is one also on my scooter. :-) Engine Sound is normal.
But I´ll also get one or two new gaskets as spare parts and will change it at the next rear tyre change. :-)

Sounds good, doesn´t it. :-)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:34:38 AM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
100% !
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 06:07:09 PM »
Haha yep!!!! If you have extras, might as well replace. Especially on your bike that has an o2 sensor, if there's a leak your o2 reading will be off and the computer will not adjust the fueling correctly.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 06:40:41 PM »
Ahh. Good Point. Didn´t have that O2-Sensor in my equation yet. But you might be right.
So, I´ll try to bother my dealer for these Pipe Gaskets a bit earlier than originally planned. ;)

Thanks! :)
Cheers,
Robo

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()