Author Topic: Agility 50 2009: CDI restricted to 16 miles/h...adjustable?  (Read 3847 times)

Grace

• View Profile
Agility 50 2009: CDI restricted to 16 miles/h...adjustable?
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »
Hi,

A while ago I bought a 4takt Agility 50 being restricted to only 25km/h (16 miles an hour) since I had no experience driving a motorized vehicle at the time.

I assume I may have the CDI listed here:
http://www.fredmotoren.nl/shopfm/kymco-kymco-agility-vitality-25km-4takt-p-216.html

Because I would like to drive a liiiittle faster I might buy the 45km CDI (approx 30miles  an hour.) off the same site.

However, these CDI's are very expensive so I was wondering if there are any other easy/less expensive options here.
For example, would it help cutting wires on my current CDI as I would be satisfied even with a speed of 25 miles an hour or so.

Thanks.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 50 2009: CDI restricted to 16 miles/h...adjustable?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »
..Hi Grace, and welcome to the forum!!!  ;D

..the "cutting of the cdi" can be done really easily, and it will surely put you over 30 mph...

..if you will look at the post on the topic that is now below this one on the Agility 50 board, you can find some pics that might help you...

..I was talking to scootermaven about this very thing!!..lol..

..another simple mod wouldbe to remove the boss drive limiter in your variator..

..another 5mph is to be gained there...

Again, Welcome and come back often...there's a lot of good stuff in here!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:46:37 PM »
..btw...that's one helluva restriction....16mph...hmmm...

Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:02:24 PM »
It sure is. In my country we need some kind of license above the 16mph speed limit, which I currently do not own.
That's exactly why I opened a new topic: This might be a specific case because the limit on the CDI is very low...which is probably rare.
Are you sure I can expect to hit 30mph or so or is the improvement relative to the original speed restriction of the CDI ?

In any case, the price of both CDI's (25kmh/16mph and 45kmh/28mph) is identical as you can see when you visit the link in my previous post.

Thanks.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »
It sure is. In my country we need some kind of license above the 16mph speed limit, which I currently do not own.
That's exactly why I opened a new topic: This might be a specific case because the limit on the CDI is very low...which is probably rare.
Are you sure I can expect to hit 30mph or so or is the improvement relative to the original speed restriction of the CDI ?

In any case, the price of both CDI's (25kmh/16mph and 45kmh/28mph) is identical as you can see when you visit the link in my previous post.

Thanks.

..you may be right about there being a difference...Hang out for a while, and somebody that knows will clarify this for the both of us!.. :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »
Hi grace, Welcome! Here is a link to Suitai. They make/ program the cdi for your scoot. My GUESS would be yuor cdi has a different program than what we normally see here, so I would suggest contacting them. I have purchased a cdi from them FULLY de-restricted,and custom programed for the ignition timing, and shipped to the U.S. for $2.00 more than the local dealer wanted. (49.99) It can't hurt to try...       http://www.motorcycle-components.com/
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scootermike

• High Performance Scooter Parts NHRC, NCY, POLINI
    • View Profile
    • scootertronics
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »
Scootertronics carries many upgrades for Kymco scooters including CDI which are DC pulse which is completely different than all other GY6 50 and 150 four stroke engines used in all other scoots

Our best results for Agility models has been NCY 50mm cylinder kit with large head along with NCY exhaust OKO CDI plus UNI Filters either pods or dual layer work great I think dual layer is a little better for back pressure, these mods have been done in our shop as well as Super 9 2T with Malossi kits and Leo Vince pipes, we race a Super 9 liquid cooled so we cut our teeth on that one first, the super 9 2T trans takes same parts as GY6 50 trans

scootermike
CF Moto V5
QJ 2T 72cc Racing Scoot
Kymco Super 9 LC
Kymco Cobra
Verucci 150 10D
Vento Rebellion
SRC Race Crew
Scooter Shop

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()