Author Topic: Good vibrations  (Read 910 times)

JesteRidin

• View Profile
Good vibrations
« on: March 12, 2015, 05:00:33 AM »
Hey again,
First ride for the season I took her out for a typical sample run to work and downtown, took about an hour and twenty minutes (which was awesome!) but when I got her up to 65 (on speedo)  the seat started to vibrate. 
Is this just a feature for higher speeds on this thing?  OR is something completely off and do I need to spend a few bucks at the garage?

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: Good vibrations
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 07:05:16 PM »
If it feels like the seat then check the met box bolts and nuts to see if they are tight. Also check the seat bolt/nuts. My guess would be something other than the seat though. Go over the S8 with a fine tooth comb and check for missing/loose screws. A loose panel may cause that sort of vibration.
Wayne

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 06:47:03 PM »
Vibration on my S-8 does increase a bit at higher speeds but nothing excessive.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »
Hey again,
First ride for the season I took her out for a typical sample run to work and downtown, took about an hour and twenty minutes (which was awesome!) but when I got her up to 65 (on speedo)  the seat started to vibrate. 
Is this just a feature for higher speeds on this thing?  OR is something completely off and do I need to spend a few bucks at the garage?

The Supe has really stiff suspension, and at faster speeds, every road will feel like you're riding on a washboard surface. Add to that, the seat foam is pretty hard on the Super8, and just adds to the effect. It's not designed to be comfortable at top speed. Around town, up to about 45mph, it's fine. 50mph and up, and it can feel a bit sketchy!

-Duke  8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()