Author Topic: Attaching a SHAD topcase to my 2009 People 150.  (Read 2860 times)

jofour

• My 2009 Kymco People 150 sure is fun to drive!
    • View Profile
Attaching a SHAD topcase to my 2009 People 150.
« on: November 08, 2009, 05:44:39 PM »
Hi.  I recently purchased a SHAD SH-33 Topcase from Belden Motosport (for $136.95, with a silver top) and a Topmaster Kit for my model People 150 ( kit # KOPP15ST, which turned out to be two flat triangular pieces of thin metal, for $14.95).  They didn't really work for me...too flimsy, so I drilled four holes through my luggage rack (the one the scoot came with...it's hard plastic) and attached the topcase baseplate directly to it with four nuts/bolts.  Works like a charm!!  :)  I would suggest this method to anyone who gets a topcase for their People 150 (mine's a 2009).  The SH-33 easily holds my large full-sized HJS helmet, plus other smaller items.  This 70-year-old New Hampshire boy will gladly answer any questions about this post at jofour@myfairpoint.net.  Man, is my scoot ever FUN to drive!  Have a nice day.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Attaching a SHAD topcase to my 2009 People 150.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:05:07 PM »
That's what it's all about; Making things BETTER!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DEPeople

• View Profile
Re: Attaching a SHAD topcase to my 2009 People 150.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
I attached My $40 ebay trunk the same way after the included "universal mounting plate" split in two. Cheap plastic, very brittle, but it holds My xxxl full face helmet.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()