Author Topic: Need help draining fuel from my Yeager, need help!  (Read 1153 times)

Shooter

• View Profile
Need help draining fuel from my Yeager, need help!
« on: March 26, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »
My Yeager is running rough.  When you give it throttle, it occasionaly jerks and bucks in the process. I was thinking it has bad fuel. Can anyone tell me if it is easy to drain all the fuel out and put in fresh and see if that is the problem.  Is it easy to drain and is there a simple way to drain it. I am not very mechanical, so give me a simple set of what I need to do to drain it out. Thanks

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Need help draining fuel from my Yeager, need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:35:36 PM »
My Yeager is running rough.  When you give it throttle, it occasionaly jerks and bucks in the process. I was thinking it has bad fuel. Can anyone tell me if it is easy to drain all the fuel out and put in fresh and see if that is the problem.  Is it easy to drain and is there a simple way to drain it. I am not very mechanical, so give me a simple set of what I need to do to drain it out. Thanks

We siphon at the shop, you can get 99.9% out this way. What I do is take a 1/2 gallon vodka bottle (Tasty bonus you get to drink it first!) and drill two holes in the cap slightly smaller than 1/4" fuel line. Install one long piece that will reach the tank from the ground and one short piece to put in a gas can. When you put the long hose in the tank you can just squeeze the bottle and it will start the siphon, no need to get gas in your mouth. When it reaches the level of the short hose it'll start draining into the gas can.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:19:54 AM »
I bought a reversible aquarium air pump just for this sort of thing... bleeding brakes, draining the gas tank, etc.

It's plumbed through a large glass container that's used to capture the liquid.

It's essentially the same as siphoning, but you don't have to suck on the tube with your mouth and get a mouthful of gas, and you can suck out that last little bit that manual siphoning leaves behind.

Of course, B&L's "get drunk and drain the tank" idea works, too. :)

DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »
Yet another way, if you have a compressor, get a gasoline rated hose that is sufficiently long enough, a rag, install the hose in the tank, stuff the rag around the filler body and with a air gun fill the gas tank, this starts the siphon process. when it gets to the end and you can't remove any more add a ounce or two of 90% rubbing alcohol( a couple of splashes) and a pint of fresh gas, start and run to get the last of the bad gas out. The alcohol mixes with the water in the bottom and allows the motor to sort of burn it out, it is water after all.  then fill with fresh fuel , meaning you bought it that day, if your not a regular rider and your scoot sits for weeks use Stabil!!!!!it well prevent this.
Dave C
   Roaming the blackland prairie on a daily basis

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()