Author Topic: Fix for Kymco 8 light problem!!  (Read 6616 times)

Aatos

• View Profile
Fix for Kymco 8 light problem!!
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:21:06 AM »
If headlights cut out above idle.

Open front mask, it´s closed by 3 screw. Under the mask you can see this http://aijaa.com/ylGp3l

The is a connector where is 4 pins. There attached(connect) next wires. Blue, blue with black stripe, white, white with black stripe.
And here comes fix.

Just but but wires blue and blue/black stripe wired together. And also white/black stripe wires. Don´t do anything other wires.

Then try lights that it´s okey. If they work fine just make better connects.

And thats it. I have done that, and few mates of mine..  We all have not has any problems.

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:49:33 AM by Aatos »

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Re: Fix for Kymco 8 light problem!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:30:56 AM »
Had to do the same to mine last summer.
The headlight control module (LCM) is crap, and seems to fail all the time.
Mine was replaced under warranty twice! When it failed a third time, I bypassed it.
I've got 4400 miles on the scoot now, with no further headlight problems.

-Duke  8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:39:09 PM »
Lights on son-n-laws 2011 Super 8 150 go very dim at idle, is this the same problem you were having?  I thought maybe weak battery, but have not tried better battery, just living with problem.  Not a problem in daylight, but at night seems unsafe.  Thanks
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:55:47 PM »
Lights on son-n-laws 2011 Super 8 150 go very dim at idle, is this the same problem you were having?  I thought maybe weak battery, but have not tried better battery, just living with problem.  Not a problem in daylight, but at night seems unsafe.  Thanks

Lights going dim is normal. That's what the LCM does. It cuts the power to the headlights down to about half power when you stop. It's supposed to be for saving power in the charging system. Personally, I think it's just unsafe to cut the headlight power.

If the LCM faults out, It will kill the headlights altogether!  That's a disaster waiting to happen. It works fine with the LCM bypassed, and the battery still charges fine. I've ridden 4400 miles all year, even in the winter months, and I've never used a battery tender once!

-Duke  8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 01:45:18 PM »
Thanks for additional info, still don't know enough to do anything about it, but learning.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

conkistador75

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 05:47:03 PM »
my question is ... how did you make a bypass?

conkistador75

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 06:00:48 PM »
But how to make a bypass???  :'(  :'(  :'(

Guzzista

• View Profile
    • Yellow 14 Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 12:39:28 PM »
I've just bought a Super 8 125 and the lights aren't working. I thought initially it may have been an issue with the switchgear but now I'm wondering if the LCM is the issue?

With the engine running turning the switch to sidelights they work fine. Moving the slider switch to dipped beam then makes the light come on then goes out. The full beam then works when it wants to.

Do you guys think the LCM is the issue? I'm interested in how this was bypassed as stated above. How did you do that?

Cheers, Joe
Kymco Super 8 125
Huoniao HN125-8
Honda CB125F
Moto Guzzi California 1100i

Guzzista

• View Profile
    • Yellow 14 Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »
I'm keen to try the solution offered by Aatos but can't quite work out what he means...can anyone clarify? Cheers!
Kymco Super 8 125
Huoniao HN125-8
Honda CB125F
Moto Guzzi California 1100i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()