Author Topic: carb jetting with tecnigas pipe and Uni pod airfilter  (Read 6291 times)

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: carb jetting with tecnigas pipe and Uni pod airfilter
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »
Did you try it out
Not yet.  I have a 40 idle jet, just been too busy to throw it in yet.  Maybe tomorrow...
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »
Ya I still have to buy my precise set. Gettin a little tired or replacing fouled plugs haha. I just worry about running slightly too lean, then driving on a 90 degree day uphill. But on the bright side I'll have a more responsive take off, which is always nice

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »
Did you try it out
I put in the larger idle jet.  The rpms settle from riding much quicker.  Several times I thought my bike was dying lol.  Still have a bit of roughness at warm start until it runs for a minute.

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »

Ya I still have to buy my precise set. Gettin a little tired or replacing fouled plugs haha. I just worry about running slightly too lean, then driving on a 90 degree day uphill. But on the bright side I'll have a more responsive take off, which is always nice

I've tried to run rich,  it either is just a touch more rich than spot on or so rich it won't run at wot. I've only fouled plugs when my head gasket was leaking and I tried like hell to start it.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 04:11:07 PM »

Get the head temp gauge and you'll never ever have to worry about this again!!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
What is ur idle set to? Around 1200 is perfect for me but ya does sound like she's dying, and can't even tell its on. But i go wide open and u can hear the thing more than well (took a layer of insulation outta the tecnigas silencer n outta the uni). And why what should head temp be? Or if possible u know an ideal header temp after romping on it? I got an infrared gun. Checked temp with all stock and I'm pretty sure it was like 400 degrees

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 05:11:23 PM »
What is ur idle set to? Around 1200 is perfect for me but ya does sound like she's dying, and can't even tell its on. But i go wide open and u can hear the thing more than well (took a layer of insulation outta the tecnigas silencer n outta the uni). And why what should head temp be? Or if possible u know an ideal header temp after romping on it? I got an infrared gun. Checked temp with all stock and I'm pretty sure it was like 400 degrees

400F is about peak, that gets pretty close to the melting point of aluminum. Did you see the head temp gauge that I posted? http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-electrical-parts/gauges-indicators-universal/trail-tech-tto-temperature-guage?b=3104436&utm_source=feed&utm_medium=merchantfeed&utm_campaign=pla&kpid=3104436&gclid=CjwKEAjwnKCrBRCm1YuPrtWW0QMSJAC-5UYkPojI5b_NO8jY2HzPFWsO6nXv9RdEknPAFMP7e1zyFRoCzVLw_wcB
I just got it up on my zuma and LOVE it. I only get about 315F at the highest so far. Everyone online says let it cool if it gets close to 400F with 2t.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »
      Ya the header on my tecnigas is a nice rainbow color but no issues yet. i also got a cast iron bbk the malossi. Idk, airsal aluminum just didnt seem worth it over the very slight increase in power. My plugs dont foul to the point they dont spark but theyre usually a nice sutty black after a week. i have no issue reaching wot, but is a little sputtery on take off, atleast till the bikes up to temp but that could be the reason why.

Temp gauge looks nice tho, will consider it for tuning.

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 07:44:32 PM »
I'm not sure mine would stay running at that low of an rpms.  I keep mine about 2000. It allows for the fluctuation I have where it wants to idle really low at first start while it's warm and then idles at 2000 after running it wide open for a few seconds. 
I may look into that temp sensor.  I runa cast iron cylinder also.  But then I would know when I ask blowing it up.  I want an excuse for a new kit!

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
400F is about peak, that gets pretty close to the melting point of aluminum. Did you see the head temp gauge that I posted? http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-electrical-parts/gauges-indicators-universal/trail-tech-tto-temperature-guage?b=3104436&utm_source=feed&utm_medium=merchantfeed&utm_campaign=pla&kpid=3104436&gclid=CjwKEAjwnKCrBRCm1YuPrtWW0QMSJAC-5UYkPojI5b_NO8jY2HzPFWsO6nXv9RdEknPAFMP7e1zyFRoCzVLw_wcB
I just got it up on my zuma and LOVE it. I only get about 315F at the highest so far. Everyone online says let it cool if it gets close to 400F with 2t.
Is the sensor in the picture the one you use,  or is that mainly for liquid  cooled and there's a different mountable one?

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 04:01:54 AM »
B&L, your Zuma is AC right?  I guess you can get those temp gauges for AC or LC?  I agree, AC engine cylinder head temp (CHT) is very good tuning tool.  I guess you need water temp sensor for LC?  I need to get one of those temp gauges, and a tach too, thanks for posting link.  I think not as critical for LC engines, but really a great tool for AC engines.

Tries, I think he posted pic of temp gauge for LC with water sensor.  I checked Trail Tech website and appears they have several different sensors for AC and LC.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 05:04:47 AM »
B&L, did you get the sensor extension?  I read reviews on Amazon and a few said to get the extension, but expensive, another $29.  I was thinking this is the one I need, for 14mm sparkplug.

http://www.amazon.com/Trail-Tech-Temperature-Meter-72-ET3/dp/B0031BIWX2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1433048383&sr=8-5&keywords=trail+tech+tto+engine+temperature+gauge
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »
B&L, did you get the sensor extension?  I read reviews on Amazon and a few said to get the extension, but expensive, another $29.  I was thinking this is the one I need, for 14mm sparkplug.

http://www.amazon.com/Trail-Tech-Temperature-Meter-72-ET3/dp/B0031BIWX2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1433048383&sr=8-5&keywords=trail+tech+tto+engine+temperature+gauge

No, I wouldn't pay $30 for some wire LOL I just used red/black combo wire and extended it myself. You for sure need to do this on scooters, because the wire that comes with it is barley 2ft. The gauge works great. They make it in many different spark plug sizes for different engines, and have sensors for doing LC also. Water temp won't tell you a whole lot about tuning because it is not as instantaneous as head temp, none the less a good tool but much, much more important for air cooled engines. I love the gauge and now I feel I'm ready to go with my full Polini build as soon as I can get a little cash set aside. It's an air cooled motor also. And yes it's the 14mm if you have a B spark plug (ie BR8HSA) The B means 14mm.

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »
WhT would be nice is a temp gauge that screws into the spot for the original overheat temp sensor, that would be nice

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 08:14:20 PM »
WhT would be nice is a temp gauge that screws into the spot for the original overheat temp sensor, that would be nice
I wouldn't be surprised if there's one,  or a way.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()