Author Topic: New owner of People 150, need suggestions/hints and tips.  (Read 1718 times)

andrey64

• View Profile
New owner of People 150, need suggestions/hints and tips.
« on: April 10, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »
Hello everyone!

I am now a proud owner of a Kymco People 150. I love it! Does exactly what I need it to do, and is perfect for where I live and the distances I commute.

I want to ask you all for any suggestions for a first time moped owner.

The moped has 5k(8000 km) miles on it, so first thing I did was change Motor Oil, transmission oil, general cleaning, new fuel line hose(previous one was a little beat up), seafoam(inside the tank).

Anything else I can do to make sure this thing runs 100% ?

Also, any suggestions on improving safety and make sure I am seen on the road? Especially at night time, since the moped is entirely black with some chrome trim.

Thank you!
2002 Kymco People 150 - All stock
5,XXX miles!

andrey64

• View Profile
Re: New owner of People 150, need suggestions/hints and tips.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »
Sorry, I accidentally double posted this. Please reply to the following forum posting: http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=13766.msg137007#msg137007
2002 Kymco People 150 - All stock
5,XXX miles!

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »
In addition to what you've already done, you might consider replacing the air filter and spark plug.  Hopefully, when you replaced the transmission oil you added only 0.18 liters and did not fill it until it came out of the fill hole!  Enjoy the scoot!

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 01:57:45 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am now a proud owner of a Kymco People 150. I love it! Does exactly what I need it to do, and is perfect for where I live and the distances I commute.

I want to ask you all for any suggestions for a first time moped owner.

The moped has 5k(8000 km) miles on it, so first thing I did was change Motor Oil, transmission oil, general cleaning, new fuel line hose(previous one was a little beat up), seafoam(inside the tank).

Anything else I can do to make sure this thing runs 100% ?

Also, any suggestions on improving safety and make sure I am seen on the road? Especially at night time, since the moped is entirely black with some chrome trim.

Thank you!

Andrey64

Just got around to seeing this post. Better late than never. I had a People 150, and now have a GTI300. On both my scoots, I added reflective tape accents for better nighttime visibility. You can get different colors and widths. On my 150, I used orange pinstripe designs, while on my GTI 300, I cut out black and blue diamond patterns. With your scoot being black, you could use black tape and it would only show up when lights hit it. Or you could use any other color or design to customize your scoot. This tape works great and I've used it on my scoots and my cars. I've even used it on my mailbox so the plows see it at night. I suggest you also use it on your helmet. I also put a brighter LED tail/brake bulb in the rear, and installed amber LEDS where the European turn signals were.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 03:28:17 PM »
I agree with what mrmike said about adding reflective tape for added visibility. But as a former P150 owner, the only thing I can add is just to enjoy it and ride the heck out of it! :)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()