Author Topic: Best battery for Agility 125 - and where to buy from.  (Read 2401 times)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
Best battery for Agility 125 - and where to buy from.
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:03:09 PM »
Hey All,
 Been about a year since I posted. Actually still recovering from my accident. Progress has been slow but I'm so damn close now! :)
 Still have nothing sorted out with the lawyer and are headed towards pre-trial mediation soon.
 So, I can't buy another bigger scooter right now. I still have my wife's Agility 125. It hasn't been run since last summer for a small bit, and hasn't been ridden in two years.
 I'm going to change out all the fluids and swap out the spark plug, too.

To my point, sorry.

What's the best battery to use in the Agility 125? Doesn't have to mean state-of-the art. Just most reliable. Also, where would YOU buy your battery from?

Thanks all! And happy scooting!

-PBAS

PS When I took the dead battery fully out, there was the dead carcass of some enormous insect in the compartment. Was freaking creepy looking. So I'd prefer a battery sans any really gross or poisonous insects haha

Also, I didn't want to bring up a really old post; but I appreciate the "welcome back's" from all you guys that responded (08087, zombie, etc). Hope to be on more often. I love motorcycles, but scooters are just more fun, imo. And I'm sticking with Kymco when I buy another. First, though, my wife says I need to "see if I still have the balls to ride on the road." I have no doubt that I do... and I will. Nothing like it!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Best battery for Agility 125 - and where to buy from.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:51:15 PM »
Cheers on getting back on a scoot! Nothing is more motivating than the wife/girlfriend saying that you don't have the balls for something haha. Anyway all the big motorcycle manufacturers use Yuasa as the OEM battery, they are IMHO the best "standard" battery available. I got my Bet and Win with a super old Yuasa, almost totally dead, charged it and have been using it for 10,000km and almost 2 years. You'll want the YTX7A-bs for the Agility 125, I think factory they came with a china battery not a Yuasa but might be wrong. The Yuasa is one average 2x the price of the cheaper ones, but they last 2x as long. Stig has a Yuasa I think that is higher cranking amps and with a little trimming will fit in the Agility.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 12:05:27 AM »
What's the best battery to use in the Agility 125?
Several variables . . pretty much a "pay your money and take your chances" situation.

No mention of utilizing a float charger?

Include Motobatt in your research.

Only takes a few minutes to monitor charging volts.

MrXT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 01:14:54 AM »
Look on eBay. You can get a lithium battery as we'll but they have the disadvantage of not doing so great in the cold. But it doesn't ound like you ride all year round so that might before you.
Kymco agility city 125cc (2013)
4000km

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »
Thanks for the help all! Got it sorted due to your assistance, though the dealer was confused because none of their catalogues listed the Agility 125 model year of 2009.

Hope to have the little beast up and running very soon!

PBAS

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

SUPER 9 MANN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »
I got mines from pepboys

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »
I don't know what the best is but getting a gel batt is best compared to one where you have to add liquid acid to.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()