Author Topic: old help needed  (Read 1422 times)

newniner

• View Profile
old help needed
« on: April 17, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »
Hey everyone I'm new to the site and would beg your indulgence to intro myself, my name is Hank AKA NEWNINER  and I'm old and dumb that being said I need some input on my super nine performance purchases they are scooter assassins variator , unrestricted boss, prodigy clutch, 6sigmaracing jet kit, Dr. pulley 7gram sliders and tecnigas triops exhaust, also a high flow breather. I'm hoping to get a little more top end out of my 50 cc nine howed I do? what else should I do please help thanks HANK
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:40:42 PM by newniner »

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: old help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »
I'm sure with the pipe and up jetting you will see a bit more top end. With any luck the variator and clutch will be a quick bolt on and go.  The sliders is the same weight I use with a Technigas pipe and I get great performance.  It also depends on the weightof the rider.  I'm about 190lbs. Is the clutch just the clutch,  or does it come with a stiffer torque spring as well?  From my experience,  a new torque spring will settle in after some riding. 
Let us know how the variator works.  I'm still looking for a performance variator replacement.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

newniner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »
I also got a pollini set of springs one white 7 percent one blue 15 percent which one would you recommend I install thanks Hank

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »
Again,  depends on your weight.  And the terrain.  Stiffer torque spring will allow the bike to shift better on hills.  But it may take heavier weights to get it to cooperate.  I live in a mountainous area so I rock a stiff spring.  Like I said early,  they will wear in some too.  I took mine and gave it some good pressings with me foot for a few minutes before install and it didn't take long to settle in. 
At this point it is the waiting game. 
You may consider doing one section of your upgrades at a time.  Like doing the exhaust first,  then setting up the new transmission items.  Makes it easier to back track if anything starts acting up wildly.

newniner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
That sounds like good advise thanks for your input,  Hank

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 01:19:46 PM »
Have fun tweaking it,  I have really enjoyed mine.  I have Tecnigas pipe, larger jets in carb, Uni air filter.  I think it screams, but get passed by SUV with mom and 3 kids all the time lol's.

I just got in some larger idle jets and will try one today, maybe will make it perfect?  Never opened up CVT, but that day is coming soon. 

Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 01:35:55 PM »
What speed do you have now
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »
My speedometer goes well past digits,  close to the end of mph/kmh. I'm guessing over fifty.  I need to GPS it again.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 11:57:00 PM »
GPS tells the tale
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »
When it stops raining I'll GPS it again.  Find a nice area that doesn't have crazy slopes on a day that isn't windy.

You were probably asking newniner that.  Oops.  Well,  please share,  I'll quiet down [emoji12]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:55:32 PM by Triesandluth »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()