Author Topic: Like 200i Windshield Question  (Read 3300 times)

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
Like 200i Windshield Question
« on: April 20, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »
I'm sure this has been posted before, but as products change I wanted to get input on a windshield for my 2014 like 200i. I am 6'1'', so have a fairly large profile and the wind seems to be a slight problem, thinking a windshield may help. I use it to commute everyday to work (45-55mph), I don't want something ridiculously high, just high enough to improve the aerodynamics and deflect wind (and those darn june bugs here in Texas which seem to fly at about 40mph!) The other thing I was worried about was the windshield blocking too much wind from entering the air vents on my mesh jacket, not sure how much it would affect it, but living in texas, it gets unbearably hot on a scoot in the summer! (but I still sweat it out).

Thanks for any and all input!
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

atxscooterguy

• View Profile
Re: Like 200i Windshield Question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »
Is the Givi 442A windshield still a good option? That's what i'm currently leaning towards, looks stylish too, found one for $94.50 on the following website:

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/product/givi-442a-screen-blade-for-like-50-125-200i.html

Is this a legit website & a good price?

**Edit** Wait... you have to remove the upper turn signal indicators just to install one of these things? Hmmm....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:53:18 PM by atxscooterguy »
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:14:01 PM »
Or the Puig Windshields for the Like Model.
G oto their Webpage and have a Look.
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/kymco-like-200i-2014/c171en/m5702/

I ordered the "Traffic" Model and I am happy with it. My Head gets the wind, but my Body doesn´t.
That´s all I wanted.  :)

Or maybe the short smoked one from FACO, Italy.
There is already a thread here somewhere for Windshields.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Abner_Bjorn

• 5280 Scooter Group Rides on FB
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 11:38:41 PM »
I used a slipstreamer scoot 50 on my Like.  I had to modify the shape, but it worked great.   Slipstreamers are good windshield because the isolate the mounting points with rubber grommets.    I sold the scooter, but still have the windshield.  If you are interested in buying it, please pm me.  I can send you pictures.   
Less chit chat, more riding.

atxscooterguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »
Thanks Wallboard for the offer, i'm already in the works to get a givi windscreen, trying to avoid buying from Italy though, accessories international apparently sells the new Givi 6102a windscreen which is apparently the replacement for the Givi 442a? I'm not sure, but they're checking to see if they can order for me, if not i'm ordering on ebay from Italy (the price is about half the cost too, i'm just not sure how much shipping would be)
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

atxscooterguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 01:41:01 PM »
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()