Author Topic: JET KIT  (Read 1278 times)

newniner

• View Profile
JET KIT
« on: April 21, 2015, 04:54:58 AM »
Bought a jet kit from  6-sigmaracing I really like the way they personalize your installation instructions with exact details tailored to your application and their willingness to help with any problems you may have with their parts or tech help can't wait to see the results.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: JET KIT
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »
That's awesome.  Thanks for sharing that.  There is often people coming through asking about jets,  and places to get them.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 08:20:28 AM »
just jets.....which #
ALL STOCK

newniner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 04:42:09 PM »
Went from 73 to 95 jetting coming out of the hole it is very quick tecnigas triops pipe, jet kit and Dr. pulley 7 gram weights with high flo air filter. I'm thinking of going with heavier weights to see if I can get better top end your thoughts thanks Hank

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 10:39:33 PM »
Plug chops.  I've heard of people running Technigas pipe and open filter running a bigger jet than that.  I run a 95+/- with the stock airbox and a Technigas. 

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »
And heavier weights might  put you below the power band you need to be in.  I found that I need to be close to 8k rpms to benefit fully from the pipe.  Lower than seven k  and it doesn't have good pull. 
It never hurts to try though.  I wouldn't buy super expensive weights until you find what suits you best.  A tuning kit would be ideal.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 12:18:23 AM »
I am finding the fuel mixture screw is critical for low end performance.  At 1st I thought it was mainly for idle adjustment, but have found it makes a big difference at lower engine speeds, that it doesn't really effect idle.

With OEM 35 idle jet, it ran best with the fuel mixture screw almost closed.  I have 42 idle jet in it now and if will run OK, boggs at lower rpms, at 2 turns out, but runs very well 1 to 1.5 turns out.  For example, if I get slowed down going up hill and/ or against wind and idle mixture screw is turned out too far, the engine will bogg some and slowly build rpms before it hits the powerband and takes off.  Same situation with the idle mixture screw turned in some and it has good power at lower rpms and takes off immediately, like I installed lighter rollers in my CVT, but I didn't.

Still working it out, but that's what I am coming up with so far.

1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 08:13:11 AM »
Thats great, eventually you will have it tuned to your liking
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:37:24 PM by 0BARK4322 »
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »
...and then the weather will change.  Back to the tool box [emoji12]

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »
What else is left
ALL STOCK

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()