Author Topic: If you had to buy a scooter again?  (Read 16255 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
Re: If you had to buy a scooter again?
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2015, 05:53:59 AM »
Well, my new GT is on the way! I ordered the black one and it should be here maybe by the end of next week. I was STOKED right after I got the loan and ordered it so I hope that means something. I'm going to order a Puig windshield for it and some mirror extenders tonight so they will be here when the bike gets here. Now all I have to do is find someone who can redo the seat for me and it's all good.

Wish me luck and ride safe everyone, mscmkr

Also, there's an open invitation to anyone who finds themselves in Phoenix for lunch and a ride after so hit me up.

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2015, 06:11:20 AM »
Well, my new GT is on the way! ...

Congratulations that is an awesome machine.  I know someone in San Diego that bought one a few years ago and loves it.
PaulC

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2015, 11:16:31 AM »
Your right Best Ever is inaccurate.  I've never ridden the Tmax and I'm sure it is a much more capable ride than the BV.  Three problems with the Tmax: #1 Cost $10,000 or $11,000 OTD!  That is more than 2x the cost of BV.  Also, I can beat the Tmax on my GV250 or the BV because the Tmax violates the Bloat Rule - too big to get between cars.  I think $6500 or so would be more fair for the Tmax.  Finally, the mpg is what?  38-42?  I don't call that a deal breaker but I like 50+ something I barely manage on by GV250 with the uber tall Givi windscreen.

Burgman 650, Kymco MyRoad 700 - too big, to heavy, and offers power that is generally not needed.  Heck why not throw in a honda ST1300 checking in a 700+lbs with enough overkill power for 2-1/2 motorcycles.  Same for the BMW GT $9500 or close to $11K OTD and almost 600 lbs!  Also, with the BMW and any expensive scooter - what will parts cost after the scoot falls on the ground?  My Kymco has been knocked over 2x by cars.  There was no serious damage and I touched up the paint.  BMW parts are just expensive they in the clouds.  And parts for the japanse scooters can be back ordered for weeks and sometimes months - read complaints on the burgman forums. 

I stand by the statement Best overall (price, mpg, thin profile for traffic, weight, etc.)  The owner in that video owns a multi-million dollar dealership.

After the all bold in caps "best ever" it's now the best overall. But only your opinion.
Bloat, price, parts availability now you back peddle . by the way I hear of few handa scoot owners bitching about parts. Your info is inaccurate.

As far as the owner of a dealership being your muse, again just some dudes opinion.
Again the BV is a great scoot but it's not near the best IMO. Whatever the best may be.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2015, 11:17:49 AM »
Well, my new GT is on the way! I ordered the black one and it should be here maybe by the end of next week. I was STOKED right after I got the loan and ordered it so I hope that means something. I'm going to order a Puig windshield for it and some mirror extenders tonight so they will be here when the bike gets here. Now all I have to do is find someone who can redo the seat for me and it's all good.

Also, there's an open invitation to anyone who finds themselves in Phoenix for lunch and a ride after so hit me up.

Enjoy you'll be fine!

Be Big,
AMC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

SUPER 9 MANN

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2015, 12:33:42 PM »
if they can keep the scooter small and make it a 400cc.....people 400gt

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »

Sorry no RED  available.....but enjoy your new 300. I think it is nearly the perfect size engine.
I test rode a BV500 (Piaggio)   with like 850 miles on it, and like the previous owner -  apparently- found it to be too much weight and power for my liking. Regarding the BV350 - absolutely loved it....as did the Mrs......but not enough dealer support for an Italian bike in this part of Ohio.....but 3 major HONDA power stores nearby....and poor Kymco support, as I have documented elsewhere.
A LOT of folks love your scooter , so there must be a reason for that!
Enjoy
Stig
 my liking.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »
Sorry no RED  available.....but enjoy your new 300. I think it is nearly the perfect size engine.
I test rode a BV500 (Piaggio)   with like 850 miles on it, and like the previous owner -  apparently- found it to be too much weight and power for my liking. Regarding the BV350 - absolutely loved it....as did the Mrs......but not enough dealer support for an Italian bike in this part of Ohio.....but 3 major HONDA power stores nearby....and poor Kymco support, as I have documented elsewhere.
A LOT of folks love your scooter , so there must be a reason for that!
Enjoy
Stig
 my liking.

But he doesn't own a BV350. My bet is he's never ridden one from the way his posts read. But his rich friend has so it's the best......

That's the amusing part of the whole bit.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »
Movie 150 is a great scoot for a 150 w/no complaints. The Sym HD 200 intrigues me though, would love to test ride one for seating comfort. Bigger wheels, more power, liquid cooled are some nice features. Just might be the perfect city scoot, while being a true step through. People 300 might be so too. Most others above 200cc seem to get into the maxi scoot category and after the Downtown 200 debacle I'm not impressed with those. DT200 was too heavy and under powered for it's size. Seating position was unacceptable for a 6 footer......................

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
my 2c
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
At the present time, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, my choice would be Kymco Downtown or Kymco GTI, 300cc class.
It is important to have a local dealer that is fair and dependable. I do, so far.
My GT will do 90+ mph with me on it, 195 lbs.
I love the dependability and power to weight ratio.
Don't need or want a 500-600 lb scooter.

There are a lot of nice scooters to choose from these days but, all, and I mean ALL, have some problems. No brand is perfect.

Glad I discovered the GT a couple of years ago. It has been a pure pleasure.

I could on and on about the pro s and con s of each brand, bad dealers, no dealers, etc,  but, I will not.
I am happy we have the choices we have now days.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »
. . . if I had to buy again . . . .
There are only two disadvantages to the Super8 150 I bought (for me). The first I discovered pretty quick and that is the small gas tank. 1.6 gallons and realistically I'm filling up at 1 to 1.1 gallons when I fill up. That's every 3 days just running back and forth to work with no other pleasure riding. Just to short of range now that I'm in love with scooting. Really didn't see that coming. Second is that I'd get a larger CC scooter. I really thought when I got it that a 150cc scooter would do the trick. It does but I've since expanded my ideas on what I want my scooter to do. For instance, let's go scooter camping which I had never heard of before. So the short strokes would be, bigger gas tank and larger CC scoot.
Wayne

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2015, 07:50:21 PM »
There are only two disadvantages to the Super8 150 I bought (for me). The first I discovered pretty quick and that is the small gas tank. 1.6 gallons and realistically I'm filling up at 1 to 1.1 gallons when I fill up. That's every 3 days just running back and forth to work with no other pleasure riding. Just to short of range now that I'm in love with scooting. Really didn't see that coming. Second is that I'd get a larger CC scooter. I really thought when I got it that a 150cc scooter would do the trick. It does but I've since expanded my ideas on what I want my scooter to do. For instance, let's go scooter camping which I had never heard of before. So the short strokes would be, bigger gas tank and larger CC scoot.

how would you like a scooter that can get 410.6 KM.  on a tank of gas,  country roads and no speeding over 60 MPH.,  ___OR 360 km.  just riding every where, any how,,, OR 340 km.  ride it like you stole it,  2011 downtown 300i  love my scooter!!!

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2015, 09:00:59 PM »
This is why I went from my Like with only 163cc's to the GT with 300cc's. I wanted to be able to go out of town with friends or anywhere my Like couldn't go. I'm dying to get my new GT so I can finally do those things. I may trailer my GT up north the end of the month so I can ride in the mountains. I have really wanted to do that for a while now.

Ride safe, mscmkr

teoteo

• Laughter is the Best Medicine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 01:45:43 AM »
I'm sorry...What country?
Stig

Make a guess Mr Stig. Its a tiny island at the southern most tip of the Malay peninsula. It has approx.5 million inhabitants now (and counting...). Wanna laugh somemore? Well, the cost of a small family car like, say, a Toyota Corolla 1600cc will set U back $125K (US$90K).

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 05:11:20 AM »
Teo let me guess your in Russia drinking a Singapore Sling.

teoteo

• Laughter is the Best Medicine
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »
Teo let me guess your in Russia drinking a Singapore Sling.

Nope, I'm in Singapore playing Russian Roulette ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()