Author Topic: Project GT300i scooter - is there Dr Pully sliders down side?  (Read 2004 times)

Budz

• View Profile
I am thinking about adding Dr. Pulley sliders 14 grams. I have read the thread here and wonder if there is any down side or adverse effects on the engine? Honestly they sound too good to be true, smoothness, 2 seconds quicker and great acceleration. I suspect lower top speed, worse gas mileage and maybe premature engine wear. Any thoughts...

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Project GT300i scooter - is there Dr Pully sliders down side?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »
   ya Dr. pully leaves nothing to complain about,.  all it left to improve is the variator, changing the ramps, now I have done that,if it would stop raining I would be out riding ,. 

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
me too - will find out this summer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »
When my GT turns over 12,000 miles, I have a new drive belt, air filter, and 14g Dr Pulley sliders ready for install.
Others here that have installed the sliders are pleased with them.
It is important that they be installed correctly and spacers and washers be put back on exactly the way they came off.
A little Blue Loctite and proper torque, and we should be good to go.
I have 9000+ miles on my GT now.
Will most likely make the change before the summer of 2015 is over.

ps: Some have reported problems using Dr Pulley sliders. I have read on this subject for some time.
I feel confident Dr Pulley sliders will work as advertised when installed properly, on an "unmodified" scooter.
I am willing to give them a try.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:33:06 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
I am thinking about adding Dr. Pulley sliders 14 grams. I have read the thread here and wonder if there is any down side or adverse effects on the engine? Honestly they sound too good to be true, smoothness, 2 seconds quicker and great acceleration. I suspect lower top speed, worse gas mileage and maybe premature engine wear. Any thoughts...

I put in 14g sliders in my GT at 550 miles. I only have about 3500 miles on my scooter now, but am very pleased with the improved performance. I'm 71 years old and do not ride over 70 or 75, but there is throttle left if you wanted it. I am currently getting about 68mpg. No complaints here!
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 12:50:00 AM »
Dr Pulley 15g sliders works for me. I really like the 15's for that top end speed. ;)

karl utrecht

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
I installed 14gr sliders and a new drive belt at just over 5,000 miles. It was too early for the belt, but I thought it best to install one once I was in there.

The GTi is the third scooter I have them installed in, and they really do give a smoothness that isn't there stock. I don't know about acceleration or top speed, as I have not gone to the bother to find out. From what I have read the sliders will outlast the rollers by 2X or 3X, and, as stated, offer a smooth ride. The other two scooters I have them installed in are a Vespa 300GTS and a Yamaha Morphous. The Vespa certainly shows the advantage of sliders from an acceleration standpoint.

It is extremely important to install them properly, not from a damage standpoint, but from a performance standpoint.

I know they seem to be to good to be true, but Dr. Pulley sliders are really much better than rollers.

Karl U
Las Cruces, NM

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()