Author Topic: Variator  (Read 10641 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: Variator
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »
If you look around on web, I think you will find Malosssi 519988 kit listed as fitting Super 9 LC too.  Some listings show it, some don't, but I think it fits.  I have Super 9 LC and I plan on ordering this kit too.  I already have it for my People 50 2T and really like it.  I found the white torque spring didn't work, but the 9gr rollers were right on with the OEM torque spring installed.

Count the number of coils on the white spring when you get your kit and compare it to the OEM torque spring you take out.  If like mine, the white spring has more coils and is longer than the OEM.  I installed it and it was way too strong, engine rev'd to the moon and I was going maybe 30mph top speed.  I think Malossi packaged the white spring wrong.  There is a shorter white spring Malossi makes, but if like my kit, you don't get it, so you have to do a work around.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »
Now that I've received the delta clutch,  thanks b&l, I'm probably going to stick to buying the malossi variator, unless I hear of a solid sure overrange one,  or one that fits but isn't for the s9
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »
Ya, I'll get on that. Amazon isn't too bad with returns either I'm quite sure. I guess I'll try getting a torque spring assortment or something. Does the delta clutch make a difference?

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »
I don't want to say no,  but with the set up I have it at right now, there's not a huge difference.  I still have a bit of tuning to go though.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 11:38:59 PM »
MAN, That seems like a lot of work to get it tuned
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2015, 03:24:16 PM »
Let's just say that I've gotten really quick at disassembling and reassembling the cvt.  And it's all part of the fun to me.  It's my hobby!  And the satisfaction of it finally being right feels great.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »
SOUNDS GREAT...AS LONG AS IT'S FUN THEN IT'S NOT WORK :) :) :)
ALL STOCK

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2015, 01:04:37 PM »
Haha ya probably not as bad as carb tuning. Wish there was an external way to swap jets :P

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2015, 11:52:46 PM »
That would be amazing.  B&l talked about the black one having quick release at least

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 03:48:56 AM »
That would be amazing.  B&l talked about the black one having quick release at least

Yeah it's got a large cap under the float bowl for quick swap of main jets. Most "racing" carbs have this.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 08:36:27 AM »
That would be great but I guess that set-up is not made for the average joe
ALL STOCK

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »
My malossi carb kit has a plastic bowl no cap not even a drain :( I gotta loosen up the clamp flip the carb unscrew bowl, pour gas on my hands swap jet n put bowl back on :/ there's been a few times I've forgotten to put the fuel line back on. Good news is the variator kit is comin in tomarrow

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2015, 07:19:54 PM »
Lemme know how that works for you,  if there's a solid difference.  I'm still asking around for a larger variator,  but no results yet.

Scootsuper9

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »
Well, clutch bell turned a bluish purple so I think I'm gonna have to replace that soon. But, after a quick rip this morning I noticed a significant power increase. Now instead of shifting instantaneously on takeoff, I still stay in the powerband when going 50+. It feels like I'm going downhill on the straightaways and as far as i know hasnt effected, if not increased the top end. Haven't tried out the spring but I think my current setup is mint

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »
If aint cracked or worn theres no point in changing the bell!
Use that $ on gas for the scoot or beer for the owner heheh

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()