Author Topic: 72cc kit..trans kit project..55 here I come  (Read 6225 times)

flextrainer

• View Profile
Re: 72cc kit..trans kit project..55 here I come
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 12:55:19 AM »
Here it is guys. I think it is going to be way better than stock at lower than full racing price.
http://www.enviromoto.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6055029

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 01:08:51 AM »
Looks like a good kit, a good price as well!  I've read good things about NCY stuff!  The only thing that looks like is missing is the belt.  You may want to ask, if you haven't already, if the stock belt will work well with that kit.  It may be nice to start with a new belt anyways.

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 01:48:16 AM »
That's a geat idea. By the way do you know the number of the belt cross referenced over. Mine just says bando and a bunch of numbers that I haven't found on any sites. most are like 669-18-30, or 729-18-30. mine has no numbers like this.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 02:43:16 AM »
This may be the site you are looking for     http://www.heeters.com/Belts.shtml
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 05:07:19 AM »
I found this page while looking for the stock length when I did mine.  It looks like your belt is 736mm X 18mm.

http://www.nypintl.com/pdf/Checklist%20of%20complete%20models%20of%20V-Belts.pdf

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys. I am currently expanding my parts page to include Kymco parts so you should see me around more often.

Best regards,
Jeremy
www.Enviromoto.com

Get 10% off your order by using code "Kymcoforum" in Google Checkout.

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »
Cool Jeremy good to see you over here. Kymco scoots are great and we need a good supplier, which you have proven to be.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »
More better hod rod stuff! WELCOME! It's really nice to see some shop owners come around here. There is a ton of good info for all...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 11:32:52 PM »
That's awesome!!  We need more reliable knowledgeable people to buy parts from!  I think it's great when shop owners are active in their particular community as well!  It's makes them privy to their customers needs and is a ultimately advantageous to both parties! ;D

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »
Agreed and thanks for having me. I promise I wont go spamtastic all over the board.  ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »
WHA??? Not be like US? Help and, advice is MORE than welcome! A new set of eyes...

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 04:45:59 AM »
Got my rings yesterday and finished putting everything together tonight. Only rode four miles, but all seems well. Great throttle response, lots more power! Only went up to 35 and let her coast down a huge hill to pull the rings up in the groove and seat them. By the way that hill was hard to do more than twenty up before and I hit that at less than half throttle. So far I have the bbk, ported and polished the heads, opened up the exhaust and intake,open air filter, and 5.5 gram rollers. Next is the transmission kit. I'll keep you updated as I break it in and put the trans kit in.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 05:47:46 AM »
That's great!  It's always nice when everything works out the way it should!  Just make sure you do a couple plug chops to make sure you have the carb adjusted correctly!  Did you happen to measure the new rings, I'm assuming they were within spec?  Were the other rings the wrong ones, or where they just flawed?

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
The new rings were pretty much right on. I took about .001" out of both to give a little extra room since these engines run hotter than a water cooled. So, they ended up at .008" top and .010" bottom. And yes it is nice when everything comes together nicely. I figure I will need a little tuning on the carb, but it seems to be right on I just upjetted two sizes. I haven't done more than about a 2 second full throttle pull yet, but I can tell that opening up the head, intake, and exhaust helped air flow tremendously. I also took the carb completely apart and ground down the throttle plate screws and sharpened the leading edge (of the throttle plate) to improve air flow through the carb The intake and exhaust note is louder and deeper. I have an iridium plug, but I'm gonna make sure I have the carb just right and the motor broken in before I put it in, so I can see how much of a difference it makes. I'm gonna order the trans kit tomorrow, have it in three days. I'll keep you posted of my progress.

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 01:54:29 AM »
Any updates?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()