Author Topic: 72cc kit..trans kit project..55 here I come  (Read 6064 times)

flextrainer

• View Profile
Re: 72cc kit..trans kit project..55 here I come
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »
Yes! Everything is working perfectly. I started with the wrong slots in the new clutch, but changed that and acceleration is twice as good. top speed by my chinometer was about 56. so, that probably equals about 50-51 mph. All in all money very well spent. I did use 6.3 gr rollers over the 9 gr ones that came with the clutch kit. I have about 700 Km on it now and it is running better every day. Up hill is very easy with the biggest one I ever go on slowing me to only 41 versus 33-35 before. Parts installed are enviromoto's 72cc bbk, and NCY performance trans. kit. Old average speed was 35 ( counting hills and flats) new is 44. That's a big difference in my book. I could get probably 4-5 more mph out of it ( with enough room) since the rpms seem pretty low compared to before even at top speed.

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 05:53:18 AM »
Good to hear  8)

Get 10% off your order by using code "Kymcoforum" in Google Checkout.

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »
Thanks. I think my next mod is going to be 5.5 gr Dr. pulley slider weights. That will pretty much cover everything but the ignition system. May put the other gears I have since the RPMs are so low now. The NCY clutch kit made a world of difference.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »
I bought one of those ORANGE Ign. coils on ebey. High performance type. It cost 19.99, and it does deliver a hotter spark. I compared my stock coil w, a blue to yellow spark, and the hi perf. one gives a pure white spark. The only draw back is the plug boot. Theirs is made of hard styrene plastic and did not last 2 months. It will simply un screw from the wire, and you can trim back 1/2" to screw your factory boot on in its place. Glad to here you got your set up working well!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 08:43:45 PM »
I have opened up the exhaust some more and ended up with a 94 main jet with the needle one slot from all the way down. I didn't have a 92 jet, so I dropped the needle down. I also went with 6gr rollers and the most aggressive slots on the secondary slider ( NCY trans kit is awesome). I am cruising at 48 mph and top out at 54 on flat to very slight down grade. All of this is at fairly low rpms due to the trans kit. Haven't been on any big downhill pulls yet, but could probably get 56-57 easily. Final parts are bbk and NCY (extremely tunable) trans kit. Plus a lot of tuning. My speeds are GPS verified. I am working on a video to post on youtube.

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »
Badass  ;D

Get 10% off your order by using code "Kymcoforum" in Google Checkout.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 11:42:40 PM »
INDEED!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Slow Agility

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »
I have opened up the exhaust some more and ended up with a 94 main jet with the needle one slot from all the way down. I didn't have a 92 jet, so I dropped the needle down. I also went with 6gr rollers and the most aggressive slots on the secondary slider ( NCY trans kit is awesome). I am cruising at 48 mph and top out at 54 on flat to very slight down grade. All of this is at fairly low rpms due to the trans kit. Haven't been on any big downhill pulls yet, but could probably get 56-57 easily. Final parts are bbk and NCY (extremely tunable) trans kit. Plus a lot of tuning. My speeds are GPS verified. I am working on a video to post on youtube.
Where are you located?(asking for altitude levels)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 01:50:59 AM »
Where are you located?(asking for altitude levels)

..flex ain't been around since december...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()