Author Topic: Supplemental Oil  (Read 3849 times)

demeter

• View Profile
Supplemental Oil
« on: May 09, 2015, 02:32:30 AM »
I've got 7k on my Like 50. It ran like 28 to 32 on a good day. After adding a new exhaust the thing is a totally different animal. I'm doing 40 to 45 and a few times have passed the 45 on the speedo. Yeah I know the speedo isn't always accurate. But it's a big speed increase. I wonder if she's getting enough oil? Would it hurt to supplement the oil pump by adding a little oil into each tank of gas? Would the oil clog my mesh metal fuel filter?

Bad idea? Good idea? Won't hurt?

If so how much oil should I add?

Thanks
2010 Like 50 2T (Malossi 70cc BBK, Tecnigas Next-R, Blue Polini Torque Spring, Yellow Clutch Springs, 5.5g Sliders, Stock Carb: 95 MJ, Stock Airbox Drilled, PIAA GT-X Headlight, Kolite 5630 Running Lights, 140/70-12 Rear Tire)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Supplemental Oil
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 03:00:25 AM »
Your in luck, Kymco provided the two stroke bikes with an adjustable oil meter!!! If you take the seat out, you will see where the throttle cable pulls the oil pump, and just turn the lock nuts so it opens the oil pump a little more. No reason at all to add any in the gas. What pipe did you get? Did you up jet for it?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

demeter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 03:45:19 AM »
Your in luck, Kymco provided the two stroke bikes with an adjustable oil meter!!! If you take the seat out, you will see where the throttle cable pulls the oil pump, and just turn the lock nuts so it opens the oil pump a little more. No reason at all to add any in the gas. What pipe did you get? Did you up jet for it?

Awesome! Thanks for the tip.

I got a Tecnigas Next-R. Huge improvement from the stock pipe. Now she sounds like a dirt bike and not a weedeater. :)

I'm running an 85 MJ now with the stock restricted airbox and 6.5g stock rollers. I'm planning on installing 6g sliders tonight.
2010 Like 50 2T (Malossi 70cc BBK, Tecnigas Next-R, Blue Polini Torque Spring, Yellow Clutch Springs, 5.5g Sliders, Stock Carb: 95 MJ, Stock Airbox Drilled, PIAA GT-X Headlight, Kolite 5630 Running Lights, 140/70-12 Rear Tire)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 03:52:35 AM »
Have you checked the plug? That's pretty lean for a pipe like that, the plug should look dark ish brown. And yeah, they really improve the sound a lot (if its your scoot and not your neighbors lol).
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

demeter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:02:02 AM »
Have you checked the plug? That's pretty lean for a pipe like that, the plug should look dark ish brown. And yeah, they really improve the sound a lot (if its your scoot and not your neighbors lol).

Heh. Funny you mention it. Just posted pics of my plug last night.

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=13957.0

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 04:44:37 AM »
Oh ok yeah I see. I would say your lean, honestly with that pipe i would bet you'll end up close to a 95 main, maybe higher. You need to be getting plenty of fuel because this along with oil keep a 2t alive.

demeter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 05:48:31 AM »
Oh ok yeah I see. I would say your lean, honestly with that pipe i would bet you'll end up close to a 95 main, maybe higher. You need to be getting plenty of fuel because this along with oil keep a 2t alive.

Well I've got my work cut out for me! Love messing around on it. :)

Does going thru half a tank of gas in about an hour or so of wot riding sound normal?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 06:18:32 AM »
Ooo yeah two stroke with expansion exhaust gets crap mileage.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Why would he need to add more oil to the gas?
ALL STOCK

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »
Wont hurt a lill more oil. Did you rejet the carb? Intake is stock?
You could give a lill more oil and wont hurt. Just be sure to use a synth high quality 2 stroke oil.
If you get to much plug will foul and in the long run more carbon.. no biggie. If you get less oil you will  need a new engine.
Imo id get a lill more just to be safe

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
Why would he need to add more oil to the gas?

With a tuned pipe, the bike is always revving higher than stock, higher RPM = more oil!!!

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 09:05:52 PM »
This is for my learning information only so bear with me:::::if he put one cap of oil in the gas tank(to a gallon of gas) and have a tuned pipe it will still take that one cap of oil to run the scoot with or without a tuned pipe. Am I correct so far
ALL STOCK

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 11:46:22 PM »
This is for my learning information only so bear with me:::::if he put one cap of oil in the gas tank(to a gallon of gas) and have a tuned pipe it will still take that one cap of oil to run the scoot with or without a tuned pipe. Am I correct so far

It will indeed burn the oil either way!

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 10:45:22 PM »
With a tuned pipe, the bike is always revving higher than stock, higher RPM = more oil!!!
So the mix ratio change but wouldn't the oil injector just work at a faster pace
ALL STOCK

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 10:49:12 PM »
You adjust the oil pump cable so it gives at al throtle positions more oil. Its mecanical and its wire driven.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()