Author Topic: SLOW TAKE OFF  (Read 4477 times)

mroc

• View Profile
SLOW TAKE OFF
« on: May 10, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
MY NINE all of sudden is boggingdown off line and not revving up to gear . revs hanging in 5000-6000 range. I thought it was cvt issue so swapped belt clutch and bell . it did improve 10% but still not good. now it picks up but very extended and long. I am thinking of checking autobystander would this be the logicial next step? bike was ripping a few days ago. gotta fix today daily rider. stock except for aftermarket pipe and upjet to 95

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: SLOW TAKE OFF
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »
Did you check out your variator while you were in there?  I was breaking the clips on the back plate at one point.  And I ruined a boss drive at one point,  it would stick at takeoff and deceleration. 
I'm not sure how the auto bystarter would cause that,  but I'm no pro,  ha ha.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:30:20 PM by Triesandluth »
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

mroc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
Just replaced the clips which are called vee bushings clips ruled that out but thanks.

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
Does it only do it under a load,  not while on the stand? 

mroc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
Yes under load

mroc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »
Worsen when engine warms up

mroc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »
It's struggling to hit 7000 rpm

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 03:33:51 PM »
Compression check yet?

mroc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 07:01:01 PM »
Yes 90psi on auto start

mroc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 07:08:44 PM »
Plug very light brown with white inside plug chop area. Also swapped vario for another same issue

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 03:54:39 AM »
Auto bystarter is choke, so if not working would cause engine to be too rich, run lousy.  I think 90psi is low compression.  Manual says 11.8 kg/cm2 which is approx 167psi.  I can't find it, but recall min is approx 120 to 140psi.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »
I ran mine with 90 psi just fine for a while,  everyone swore that was the lowest it would run.  Was that warm or cold? 
I've heard horror stories of the crank seals going out on these.  I think that would cause case compression loss after being warm.  Have you got the tools to do a leak down test?
Is personally would dodge that,  just just because I wouldn't want to know.  I would be cleaning the carb,  everything down to plug wire.  Actually,  just a wild shot,  have you trimmed the ends of your plug wire?  I chased around all issue not long after getting mine,  did everything,  just to find that the ends of my wire were very worn. 
Probably not it,  but I'm just grasping at straws.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 02:16:25 AM »
How many miles/ kilometers?  I think B&L is right, need to check all the easy stuff 1st, make sure not something easy to fix.  I guess would be a pretty big project to replace the crankseals, have to pull the stator on 1 side and the variator on the other.  Seems like I saw some oversized pistons on ebay or somewhere, so could put in another piston easy enough (would be a big job for me).  Does Kymco make oversized pistons?
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 03:23:14 PM »
That would be a 70cckit, the most popular.  I've put one on mine.  Not too hard. 

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 04:42:42 AM »
Tries, I am talking about 50cc engine, keeping it that way with new oversized piston/ rings.  Take the cylinder and new oversized piston to engine building that knows how to fit the piston, then put it all back together.  If done right, should run like new and be a lot less $'s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kymco-People-50-2T-2000-2002-Meteor-Piston-Kit-1-Oversize-/301475658400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4631597aa0&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()