Author Topic: An 'Unusual' Kymco Super 9  (Read 1779 times)

fozzit

• View Profile
An 'Unusual' Kymco Super 9
« on: May 14, 2015, 12:02:38 PM »
I wonder if there is anyone out there that may be able to help me?

I have in my possession a 2009 Kymco Super 9 that belonged to my father. It was given to him as a gift from his nephew and is unusual in the fact that it is covered in autographs from various celebrities that attended a Teenage Cancer Trust gala some years ago. My father was a Lambretta Scooter rider from the early 1960's and was excited to come to own the Kymco Super 9.
However shortly afterwards, he was himself diagnosed with cancer and passed away. He never got to ride the Super 9.

In fact this Kymco has never been ridden really and shows only 2 miles on the clock and has instead been kept covered and garaged.
The time has come for me to let go of this now and I was wondering if anybody out there had some advice as to where I could sell it?

I would like to see it go to a good home and no doubt so would my late father.

Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: An 'Unusual' Kymco Super 9
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
Should be easy to sell locally.  I see you're in UK, so don't know scene there, but around here, a craigslist ad is the way to sell in US.  I saw 2 new 2009 Super 9's at a dealer 1200 miles away recently was asking $1900, so not entirely unheard of to find a new one still.  Good luck and don't ride it, may want to keep it lol's.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »
If you could find someone to authenticate any of the celebrity signatures then you could possibly get more from the right person.  Sounds like quite the original piece you have! Please share a picture or two.  I wouldn't mind some eye candy!
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

fozzit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, its very much appreciated!

I think the UK prices reflect what you guys are seeing in the states. I think the Kymco scooters are more prevalent in the U.S. than over here so that maybe a good thing or a bad thing.

I was thinking it would look good in a dealership, a real conversation piece! Not sure if I can get any validation on the autographs, the charity auction was some years back but I'll try and look into it.

I'll add some of that eye candy you were on about, I do have a few snaps of the autographs but need to take some better ones of the whole bike.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:36:24 PM by fozzit »

fozzit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »
That's Ronnie Wood's to the right with the heart above it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:35:19 PM by fozzit »

fozzit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »

fozzit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »

fozzit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 05:34:15 PM »

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 12:11:06 AM »
Awesome!
An auction would be the best bet,  maybe with a good sized reserve.  A little more research on the event,  the people involved,  etc,  could peak more interest.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

fozzit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 06:44:37 AM »
Thanks guys I'll give it some thought.

I appreciate the warm reception as well, bearing in mind I'm not a Kymco rider..

Thank you.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()