Author Topic: Heinens Motorsports  (Read 2253 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
Heinens Motorsports
« on: May 19, 2015, 01:40:25 AM »
Has anyone done business with Heinen Motorsports in Minnesota before? Just thought I would ask since I'm buying my scoot from them. The deal has not been made yet. I was trying to get the payment there and have had some problems so I thought I would take the opportunity to ask about them. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks and ride safe, mscmkr

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: Heinens Motorsports
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 03:17:21 AM »
I have not but would be interested in your experience. Certainly the best prices I've seen for new/old stock without a doubt. Thought about going up there myself (7 hr drive from me).
Wayne

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 07:27:10 AM »
Well, if I can get the payment to them I will find out how they are. Turns out this is not an easy proposition. Of course it's much harder because I work nights. I'm going to the credit union in the morning so it should get to them today. I hope I can get the bike by a week from Friday. It's my birthday weekend and I would love to trailer it up north and ride around up there for a couple days. I will update as things happen and let you know what happens.

Ride safe, mscmkr

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:36:42 AM »

is there much money from there prices,  to OTD costs,

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:19:55 AM »
not too many people I guess
ALL STOCK

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Heinens charged me $275 in fees over the price of the bike. This is WAY to much IMO. Both dealers here in Phoenix didn't charge me anywhere near that when I bought my Like and my first GT. They also charged me $25 for an incoming wire transfer for the cost of the bike. I called there bank to ask what they charge and they told me they only charge $15 for an incoming wire transfer. Thought that was interesting.
  The price of the bike was worth the added charges. But I would probably not do business with them again because of the them. I wanted to update everyone with may experience.

Ride safe, mscmkr

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 05:09:13 PM »
Heinens charged me $275 in fees over the price of the bike. This is WAY to much IMO. Both dealers here in Phoenix didn't charge me anywhere near that when I bought my Like and my first GT. They also charged me $25 for an incoming wire transfer for the cost of the bike. I called there bank to ask what they charge and they told me they only charge $15 for an incoming wire transfer. Thought that was interesting.
  The price of the bike was worth the added charges. But I would probably not do business with them again because of the them. I wanted to update everyone with may experience.

Ride safe, mscmkr
Don't really understand your upset....their listings all clearly state $250 in fees -  your wire transfer fee of $25 is not an uncommon fee. They have a 100% ebay feedback rating over the past 12 mos.
At $3199.....for a new 2013 $5400 scooter with full 2yr KYMCO warranty.  Granted, they're not giving it away - and you can see what the mark-up must be on Kymcos, making a profit after knocking off @40% - but still seems a pretty good price. (how much better these would sell in N. America if listed at this price - sitting next to other 300cc scoots from the big Japanese companies)
Will you be riding it home, or?
Ride safe,
Enjoy!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

SUPER 9 MANN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 12:05:54 AM »
was the total price cheaper the anyone else

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 12:59:32 AM »
Don't really understand your upset....their listings all clearly state $250 in fees -  your wire transfer fee of $25 is not an uncommon fee. They have a 100% ebay feedback rating over the past 12 mos.
At $3199.....for a new 2013 $5400 scooter with full 2yr KYMCO warranty.  Granted, they're not giving it away - and you can see what the mark-up must be on Kymcos, making a profit after knocking off @40% - but still seems a pretty good price. (how much better these would sell in N. America if listed at this price - sitting next to other 300cc scoots from the big Japanese companies)
Will you be riding it home, or?
Ride safe,
Enjoy!
Stig

They did not make any money selling it that cheap, that's why the stick to the fees. The might have made $200 profit on that bike, that's right at cost. You got a great deal even with the fees.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 06:05:43 PM »
Still sounds like a good deal to me ;)
ALL STOCK

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()