Author Topic: Breakin in my new GT?  (Read 1293 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
Breakin in my new GT?
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »
I have been looking around the forum for threads on how to break in my new GT and I really didn't find much. A search finds me engine and breaking but no engine breakin so I figured I would just ask. Any advice on the best way to break in my new bike when I get it? I kinda tried the "ride it like you stole it" break in last time and I was having the problem with overheating so I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone and ride safe, macmkr

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Breakin in my new GT?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:30 PM »
With any newer scoot just take it easy for 500-1000mi with non synthetic oil. You'll be good to go. You can go fast, just don't give it full throttle for extended periods of time and just cruise. After 1000mi oil change and valve service you can drive it as hard as you want!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
B & L said it best
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:04:29 AM »
Vary speeds - 1000 -  then full syn
I use discount store Rotella T6 full syn
Hi Flo 566 oil filter - reasonable price online
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:08:46 AM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:25:16 AM »
See page #____ in your owner's manual for the recommendations of the folks who built your scooter.
They are selling a bazillion of these to non-Americans who use it as the family wheels - and these people are looking to the long term health of their scooter.
'Tis my thinking.........
Yeah, it is not easy to do as the booklet describes - all those miles at partuial throttle and varying speeds. But a lot of us have pulled it off.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 03:34:14 PM »
Just drive it like you would normally, I've broken in many new rides w/o ever an issue. The only thing I wouldn't do is WOT for any length of time for the 1st 500 mi.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()