Author Topic: KYMCO Like 50 2T is hitting showroom floors in N.C.  (Read 2068 times)

scootermaven

• View Profile
KYMCO Like 50 2T is hitting showroom floors in N.C.
« on: November 19, 2009, 05:34:29 AM »
I was told by a rep yesterday that some new Like's are available at Vespa of Charlotte.  I emailed Vespa of Charlotte today, but haven't heard back to confirm this inventory yet.  I got a chance to see the new scoot yesterday in Burlington, N.C. at a KYMCO new model event.  It's a real sweet scoot from what I saw and I absolutely love the styling of it, not to mention it's generous standard equipment for the 2,099.00 m.s.r.p.  I personally own a SYM Fiddle II and the new Like is much better appointed from a standard equipment standpoint.  I love my SYM Fiddle II, but I'm going to be selling it a.s.a.p. to get myself a new KYMCO Like, which I "like" better.  The new Like has around 10+ features standard over my Fiddle II, some of which are 12" vs. 10" wheels, foldable passenger foot pegs, a parking brake, 1/2 gallon larger fuel tank and a glove box w/12V accessory outlet.  All of these standard features I would immediately use and enjoy.

See the photos below I took of the Like 50 2T yesterday at the KYMCO event...

^ Not to take you attention off of the gorgeous new KYMCO Like, but that is
the forthcoming new KYMCO Super 8 2T just behind the Like.

^ I also like how the fender flares-out on the sides so the brake and speed
cables can under the fender.

^ Really nice lockable storage area...the black panel you see back in the corner
is some sort of service entry panel and is on both sides of the compartment.

^ You gotta love that switchblade-like design...streamline when folded.

^ A nice quality trunk and take a look at the large scale
tail lamp and built-in reflector...sweet!

^ That chrome trim above the side marker lights is a nice touch.

^ Notice how the fuel gauge shows full to the left and empty to the right.

^ I also like the clear (U.S. required) turn signal lens with the amber bulb...
it's just a little cleaner look.  And check out that air vent just below the
seat...awesome!

^ Unless I'm mistaken, that clear bulb lights-up
anytime the scooter is running.

Happy scootin'! ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:52:12 PM by scootermaven »
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

scootermaven

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO Like 50 2T is hitting showroom floors in N.C.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »
Vespa of Charlotte (N.C.) got back with me yesterday and notified me they have already sold through their first allotment of Like 50 2T's.  They said they would get more around the beginning of December.  It's a good thing KYMCO USA headquarters is only an 1-1/2 hours away down in Spartanburg, S.C., which makes for quicker shipping to this particular KYMCO store.

Below is a mock-up of what might be a great Kymco Like advertisement, even though the 125cc version in the example is not slated for the U.S. marketplace, yet.  I think the Like 200 is the next Like coming and will be available sometime in 2010 as a 2011 year model.

Happy scootin'! ;D
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()