Author Topic: DIY light weight clutch bell.  (Read 3676 times)

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
Re: DIY light weight clutch bell.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:18 AM »
Cool vid. Sucks for him though lol. I understand those concerns on the balance issues as those were my concerns well before I even laid out the lines or cut metal. I didnt take pics of tbe entire process just the "money-shots" so to speak. During the process I used a digital caliper to measure the amount of metal being removed from each section of cuts/sanding. Its extremly important that any mods I do to my scoot are safe and reliable as its my daily rider. I also agree on concerns with the structrural integridy of the bell since a rather large amount of material was removed. I too have the same concerns and only time can truly tell. I did have the bike pegged today at (approximatly) 60-62 mph. The needle was at the H on the mph side and still climbing until I had to brake for a red light. There didnt seem to be any noticable vibrations of an unusual nature ( Thank God. Not gonna lie; it was kinda scary...and exciting) Anyway thanks for reading. Ride safe
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:23:18 AM by TheAmishSasquatch »

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »
Glad that it's working out for you!  Mine is also my daily (I don't want to ride my taotao anymore),  which is why I'm not ready to jump into that kind of modding.  I may look into a stage6 bell, partially just to have the back up stock bell intact.  Also,  I've Heard decent things about them. 
Side note,  my gps claims 55mph when I'm at 65 (assuming,  at the point right around the end of the h,  maybe a bit higher.)  My 20% off calculations have been rather true to my scoot so far, 35=42, 40=48, 45=54, etc.  When trying to compare speeds it gets frustrating sometimes.  My buddy on his super eight 150 tries to tell everyone I'm doing seventy because I pull away from him when his speedo is at 55. And he always bitches at me for speeding when we aren't even doing the speed limit,  lol.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 06:40:27 PM »
Haha thats too funny about your friend. Hes just upset because the S9 is quicker and prettier. Ive also have been thinking about the stage 6 bell. I seem to remember a Polini bell setup but havent heard much on it. To be honest I should be directing my attention to the carb on my bike more then anything else, and is the reasothI made a thread looking for S9 owners/tuners in my area. Maybe they could help me get it sorted out. The bike runs acceptably now so Ill probably leave it as is until my 19mm Delorto arrives :)

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 04:58:49 AM »
Haha thats too funny about your friend. Hes just upset because the S9 is quicker and prettier. Ive also have been thinking about the stage 6 bell. I seem to remember a Polini bell setup but havent heard much on it. To be honest I should be directing my attention to the carb on my bike more then anything else, and is the reasothI made a thread looking for S9 owners/tuners in my area. Maybe they could help me get it sorted out. The bike runs acceptably now so Ill probably leave it as is until my 19mm Delorto arrives :)
After I finally got my stock carb tuned in,  I modded  the airbox then had to use my 19mm arreche.  Now I've almost got it right,  until I put a bigger intake or mod the stock one...
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()