Author Topic: People 50 dying after start  (Read 1072 times)

NoahB

• View Profile
People 50 dying after start
« on: November 22, 2009, 01:47:27 AM »
I'm having some issues with my People 50. Apparently it spent the last 2 years in a garage with bad gas in it. I have drained the gas, filled it with a new tank, added some seafoam, charged the battery, and it finally starts. The problem I have now is that while it is idling, if I give it any gas it bogs down and dies. The kick start works 99% of the time, the electric start will work if I use it after it has been running from a kick start. As I start it and it dies time after time the idle gets rougher and it will only run for about 10 seconds after the 6th or 7th go around.

I have an apartment so I don't have an area to do any serious work on it. Any ideas that don't require taking the bike apart?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: People 50 dying after start
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 04:08:23 AM »
Remove the carb , and  clean the jets. Brake clean will help quite a bit. A sewing needle will also help
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: People 50 dying after start
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:37:51 AM »
Agreed. The carb is probably pretty gunked up. Also, check that all your air intake connections are tight, and no cracks. Your battery may be weak or on its way out, too.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()